Learn how the registration process works.
Academic and Career Advising
Everything you need to plan a course of study, understand your requirements, choose courses, and map your future is right here waiting for you. When you rely on us, you'll be one step closer to your goals.
Your academic plan and your career goals are as unique as you are. And, navigating your path to the future isn’t a solo mission. You’ll find a friendly team of advisors ready and willing to guide you.
Chart Your Course
Academic Advisors work together with faculty, student life, career development, the counseling and wellness center, and other campus offices to ensure that you have the best academic experience possible. We help you achieve your academic goals in a supportive, student-centered environment.
Academic and Career Advisors
- Assist you with course registration, add/drop, and schedule changes
- Guide you through academic transitions and, when appropriate, refer you to other helpful resources
- Help address your academic questions and concerns
- Coordinate the notification process for short- or long-term absences due to sudden illness and/or sickness
- Process change of major requests and notify faculty on your behalf
- Discuss college policies and procedures regarding faculty and/or grading disputes
- Assist instructors and faculty regarding absences and missing coursework
Your Connection to Success
As an undergraduate student (part- and full-time) you are also paired with a Faculty Advisor, forming a dual-advising system. This provides you with the greatest opportunity to individualize your academic study.
- Help you select courses in your major
- Monitor your progress within the major to ensure timely degree completion
- Assist you when planning internships or fulfilling senior-level major requirements needed for graduation
- Mentor you in potential career and/or graduate study opportunities