Title IX | Sexual Misconduct and Harassment

Rivier University is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment-free educational, living and working environment for all members of the Rivier community, including students, faculty, administrators, staff, contractors, and visitors.

The University maintains a community characterized by trust, mutual respect, and responsibility where all can feel secure and free from discrimination in the classroom; social, recreational and residential environments; and the workplace. All members of the community are expected to adhere to the requirements of the law and to the standards of the University community.

The purpose of this policy is to provide the Rivier University community with a clearly articulated set of behavioral standards, common understandings of definitions and key concepts, and descriptions and examples of prohibited conduct, including sexual harassment, sexual violence, stalking, and domestic and dating violence (or intimate partner violence). The policy applies to all community members, including students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors. It is intended to guide students, faculty, and staff who have been affected by sexual harassment or misconduct, whether as a Reporting Party, a Responding Party, or a third party.

University-wide Title IX Policy

Rivier University has updated its Title IX Policy in accordance with new federal Title IX regulations effective Friday, August 14, 2020. In May 2020, the U.S. Department of Education issued new Title IX regulations mandating how colleges and universities investigate and adjudicate sexual misconduct. Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs and activities in institutions that receive federal assistance. The University’s Title IX Policy has been prepared to encompass student, faculty, and staff Title IX practices, providing much needed consistency. The new University-wide Title IX Policy can be found here and is effective immediately.

If you have any questions regarding the new regulations and policy, please feel free to contact Colleen Mills at cmills@rivier.edu and/or Dr. Paula Randazza, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs at prandazza@rivier.edu

Additional Resources