We have a range of Undergraduate and Professional Studies academic programs spanning many disciplines and areas of interest and leading to a variety of in-demand careers.
Looking for a university that it is the right fit for you? We accept up to 90 transfer credits and offer transfer scholarships of $10,000 or more.
Focused on You
You’re looking to make a change. Perhaps you want closer relationships with faculty, better opportunities for internships, or a program more in line with your interests. At Rivier, our transfer counselors are here to help you find the right fit for your specific needs.
Transfer students are evaluated on the overall strength of their academic record. We’re looking for a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Rivier accepts up to 90 credits toward a bachelor’s degree and up to 45 credits toward an associate degree. We will transfer your credits if you received at least a 2.0 average on a 4.0 scale and the course(s) is (are) deemed transferrable after an evaluation by our staff.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
For All Applicants
- Rivier online application
- Letter of recommendation
- An official copy of high school transcript or official GE results. Note: The high school transcript/GED is waived for applicants who have earned an associate degree or bachelor’s degree.
- Official copy of college transcript from each institution that college credit was earned.
For Nursing Applicants Only
For those transferring to a nursing program, the following items are required in addition to those listed above:
- Two letters of recommendation instead of just one
- Prerequisite completed courses:
- High school or college Algebra and Chemistry: must have completed with a C+ or higher
- Day transfer applicants only must also have completed:
- Additional high school or college math and science courses (such as Geometry and/or Biology) with a C+ or higher
- College-level A&P I and II 4-credit courses with labs, with a minimum grade of B-
- Testing results (only one is required):
- Scores taken within the last six months
- Minimum combined score of 1450 required (CR 500, M 500)
- Scores taken within the last six years
- Minimum composite score of 21 required
- TEAS V
- Taken within the last two years
- Minimum Adjusted Individual Total Score of 69% with an ATI Academic Preparedness Level of “Proficient” or better.
Rivier has articulation agreements in place with a variety of institutions to ensure that your credits transfer smoothly. Learn more and view our articulation agreements.
Rivier University does not discriminate in its application process. Read our non-discrimination policy.
We are committed to making a Rivier education affordable for as many families as possible. Our Office of Student Financial Services will help you understand the combination of grants, scholarships, and loans that goes into aid packages.
Whether you are transferring into an Undergraduate or Professional Studies program, our Admissions Counselors are available to help make the transition to Rivier as easy as possible.