From history to literature to the arts, our extensive course schedule offers something for everyone.
RISE is a membership-based organization. Courses are offered in two semesters per year in the Fall (September-November) and Spring (February-April) and meet once per week, for either five or ten weeks for 90 minutes per class.
Fall 2020 semester will be offered as online Zoom courses. Members may enroll in any number of courses. Membership fee is $50 per person, non-refundable.
Become a Member!
The only learning prerequisite is a curious and investigative mind! Led by experts and enthusiasts, our courses meet in the mornings and afternoons typically following this schedule:
- Most morning classes meet at either 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Most afternoon classes meet at either 12:30-2 p.m. or 2:15 – 3:45 p.m.
Contact the RISE Office at (603) 897-8623 or RISE@rivier.edu for more information.
Receive Exclusive Benefits
The following benefits are available to active RISE members with a Rivier ID card during the University’s academic year. Details are available in the RISE Membership Handbook.
- Free parking pass and University ID card
- Access to Regina Library resources and a 10% discount at the Cyber Cafe
- Access to Nashua Public Library
- Use of the Muldoon Fitness Center (new users to the weight room are required to schedule an orientation appointment before using the equipment)
- 10% discount on meals in the Dion Dining Center and a free meal after purchasing ten meals (with punch card issued by the RISE Office)
- Free use of the Nashua Transit bus system
- 25% discount at Hayward’s Ice Cream (Nashua location)
- 10% discount at Dunkin’ Donuts (two Main Street locations in Nashua)
- Access to a variety of trips and interest groups
- The RISE Literary Journal, DAWN, is written, edited, and published by members
- Invitations to a variety of University events including guest speakers, presentations, and more