Rivier’s Ed.D. builds on more than 80 years of experience serving the need for outstanding professionals in New Hampshire and beyond. Join our next cohort!
Doctor of Education Admissions
Rivier University’s Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) provides educators with an understanding of the social, cultural, economic, and political influences and forces in society that affect education.
Ed.D. Admissions Requirements
Apply by August 1, 2023, for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applicants are required to:
- Hold both baccalaureate and master’s degrees from an accredited college or university
- Have obtained a GPA or 3.25 or higher in courses at the 500-level or above
- Documentation of at least three (3) years of professional experience
- An interview with the applicant may be required
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Current resume or curriculum vitae documenting at least three years of work experience
- A written statement of purpose in seeking doctoral study that reflects in detail upon the following:
- professional experience and how that experience relates to your intended doctoral study;
- reason for pursuing doctoral study;
- the research goal(s), problem(s), and/or question(s) you are interested in addressing through doctoral study and research;
- the ways in which doctoral study will enhance your personal and professional career goals and plans;
- specific examples of presentations, papers, publications, or other scholarship related to your goals for doctoral study
- A $100 non-refundable fee
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
Find out how you can receive your Ed.D. from Rivier. Review our academic curriculum, meet our distinguished faculty, and discover how you can achieve your career goals.