Apply for admission or explore the international student experience at Rivier.
We are excited that you want to join the Rivier community! We're here to share admissions requirements, important deadlines, and other resources that will help you complete your application and get ready to start your Rivier experience.
International Application Deadlines
- Fall semester. Submit all required documentation by July 1
- Spring semester. Submit all required documentation by November 1
Admission applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and there is no admission deadline. Please ensure that there is enough time to review your application before your start term begins, generally 60 days prior to the intended term start date to allow enough time for admission review, visa processing, and travel plans. Normal processing time for Suggested International Transcript Evaluation Agencies admission response is two to four weeks from when your completed application material submission is received in Admissions.
Undergraduate and Graduate Program Requirements
As an international student, you have an advisor who will support you every step of the way. They will assist you in maintaining your F-1 status and addressing any other questions that you may have about the items that are required for enrollment. For starters, here is the list of items that you will need to apply. Please don’t hesitate to ask for information or help on any of these:
- Application for Admission. Complete the online application.
- Application Fee. A nonrefundable $25 fee is submitted with paper applications. Checks should be made payable to Rivier University. Applications for Graduate and Professional Studies (Undergraduate) programs submitted online do not require a fee.
- Statement of Purpose Essay. These topics are listed on the application as well. In one to two pages, please give your reasons for deciding to do graduate study at Rivier University, and in the field you have selected. We are particularly concerned that you cover these points:
- What previous experiences and commitments have brought you to consider pursuing a graduate program?
- What are your chief objectives in applying now?
- How do you think Rivier University’s graduate program will help you in the pursuit of your objectives?
- One Letter of Recommendation. This should be from a current or former professor or work supervisor. This may be submitted by email directly from the author.
- Official Academic Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, undergraduate and graduate.
- Transcript Evaluations. Transcripts from schools, colleges, and universities outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by an agency approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluators, the Association of International Credential Evaluators, or by IDP Education. See the list below.
- Evidence of English Proficiency. Students whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in the English language.
- Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) are accepted.
- Test scores are considered official only when they are sent directly to Rivier University from the Educational Testing Service.
- Rivier’s school code is 3728.
- Our minimum acceptable scores for standard English tests are TOEFL (61), IELTS (5.5), PTE (43). Some applicants may require higher test scores depending on educational background and program of entry. Exceptions to the English testing requirement:
- A college or university degree has been earned in the United States prior to applying to Rivier.
- Students who have successfully completed two years of full-time academic study in a degree-granting program in the United States.
- Other Test Scores. Rivier University Master’s degree level programs do not require G.R.E., G.M.A.T., or M.A.T. results for entry.
International Transcript Evaluation Agencies
Full course-by-course evaluations are required.
Scholaro International Transcript Evaluation Services
29 E. Madison Street, Ste. 1005, Chicago, IL 60602
Tel: (312) 373-0952
Completed International Transcript Evaluations will be sent directly from the evaluation agency to:
Office of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions
420 South Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
420 South Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060