Submit your application, letters of recommendation, and other required materials through our online application.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Admissions
Rivier's DNP creates nursing leaders who pioneer the improvement of patient outcomes using diagnostic and treatment modalities, informatics analysis, and scholarly research.
Applicants to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program are required to submit the following:
- Online application
- A copy of official transcripts of all post-secondary education
- Two recommendation letters in sealed envelopes. These letters should be mailed to the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions or emailed directly from the author with the DNP applicant’s name in the subject line.
- One letter must be from a direct supervisor or professional who can address your clinical expertise and leadership potential.
- The second letter may also be a professional recommendation or else a recent academic instructor who may address your professional strengths as a student.
- A copy of your unencumbered, active advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) license in the state where practicums will be conducted.
- A Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages) that gives your reasons for pursuing the DNP and shows how your interests align with one of the eight AACN Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice. Keep in mind this exercise may be a springboard to the scholarly project you will develop as part of the program.
- An updated resume or CV
- Evidence of a completed graduate-level statistics course
- Documentation of the number of supervised clinical hours completed in previous master’s in nursing program (must be a minimum of 500 hours.) Note: Since Rivier University’s Master of Science in Nursing program requires this number of hours for graduation and this information is documented, graduates of this program do not need to submit additional proof of these hours.
- Completion of nursing practicum form
- Graduate with a GPA of 3.2 or better. Candidates with less than a 3.2 GPA meeting the above criteria may be considered after interviewing with graduate Nursing faculty.
Find our how to advance your nursing career with a DNP from Rivier. Review our academic curriculum, meet our distinguished faculty, and discover how you can achieve your career goals.