At Rivier, you’ll get much more than a quality education. You'll be supported by an incredible community of learners and backed by state-of-the-art resources and professionals that will prepare you for your career.
Employment Promise Program
Preparing for career success is a combination of opportunity and self-investment.
Rivier University’s Employment Promise Program enhances the career preparation and employability of students in all academic disciplines. The program demonstrates the University’s confidence in its educational experience marked by distinctive academic programs, committed faculty, and active learning. Rivier is the only institution in New Hampshire to offer this program.
The University promises invested students that they will secure a full-time job within nine months of graduation. If they do not, they will receive additional financial or educational support.
Graduates unemployed nine months after graduation may choose either:
- Federal Loan Repayment. Rivier University will make the graduate’s monthly federal subsidized student loan payment for up to 12 months OR
- Tuition-free Graduate Study. Graduates may enroll in up to six graduate courses at Rivier University tuition-free.
Graduates employed in a field unrelated to their major may enroll in up to six graduate courses at Rivier University tuition-free.
Students will actively participate in the program throughout four consecutive years. Program opportunities include:
- Career guidance through career counseling and professional development activities
- Leadership experiences demonstrated through engagement within the campus or the community
- Community service participation locally or globally
- Experiential learning through an internship in a related field or research project
If you are a full-time Undergraduate Day student entering the University in the fall semester, you are eligible to enroll in the program. To qualify for program benefits, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Review and sign the Employment Promise Program contract by the conclusion of the summer Orientation Session.
- Graduate from Rivier University with a bachelor’s degree, minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, and no interruption in enrollment status.
- Be in good standing with the University, including conduct, and have met your financial obligations. You must not carry a financial balance while enrolled at Rivier with the exception of participating in an authorized payment plan.
- Be current on your student loans (not in default).
- Within 30 days of graduation, if you’re not employed full-time in your field of study or a similar discipline, you must schedule a meeting with an Office of Career and Life Success staff member and meet monthly thereafter until you secure suitable employment.
Complete program details and requirements are provided on the Employment Promise Program agreement. To be eligible for the program, freshmen must begin in the fall semester and complete all program requirements within four years of full-time study.
Rivier is the only institution in New Hampshire to offer this program.