Enhance your understanding of available careers and degrees. You’ll also get information about salaries and job outlook.
Earn a degree on your schedule. Our online programs offer strong academic programming, individualized attention, and a focus on active learning. Find a balance between education and life while earning your degree at Rivier.
Experience the Rivier Advantage online, with personal advising and a commitment to helping students reach their academic and professional goals. You will have access to dynamic faculty members who have both academic credentials and real-world experience. Take advantage of our rolling admissions and terms that start every seven weeks so that you can choose the best time to start earning your degree.
Explore Our Online Programs
We offer online degree programs at the Professional Studies, Graduate, and Doctoral levels. Use our program finder to find the specific program for you.
Transfer Up To 90 Credits
In most bachelor’s degree programs, you can transfer up to 90 credit hours to accelerate your progress and finish faster. Master’s degree programs may accept up to 9 transfer credits.
Experience Textbook-free Online Education
Open educational resources (OER) are changing the way we learn and we’ve adopted this format for our MBA in Management and our MBA with a Concentration in Marketing. This means digital, openly licensed content is available free of charge to students, and you’ll save about $1,500 in textbook costs. In addition to the cost savings, you will recognize the following benefits:
- Content is available anytime, anywhere on a variety of devices, ensuring you always have access to the resources you need.
- OER courses include engaging features like immersive activities, animations, video, interactive simulations, journals, open courseware, and more.
Rivier University is fully accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education, Inc (NECHE). In addition, the following online programs have specific accreditation:
- Rivier University’s RN-BSN, MSN, and DNP programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org)
- Rivier’s undergraduate business administration program and the University’s Master of Business Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP, 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356, www.acbsp.org.)
Discover potential career paths. Whether you’re changing your career or just getting started, you can explore your endless options. Start planning and thinking about your future today.
Featuring relevant topics in fields like nursing, business and more, our blog is a must-read for students interesting in advancing their career. Explore our posts and discover how you can transform your future at Rivier.
Learn everything you need to know about being an online student. Our handbook has information on registering for classes as well as details on academic policies, student services, technology, and more.
Rivier’s Guide to Nursing Careers is a free and valuable resource for nursing professionals who are ready for career advancement. Continue your nursing education with the knowledge to make the most of your next degree.
Computer: Either a PC or Macintosh
- Operating System:
- PC: Windows 10 or later
- Mac: OS X 10.6 or later
- Storage HD space: Enough storage space for your files (this could be on your C: drive, flash drive, online storage, etc.)
- Drivers: All audio and video drivers must be current
- Webcam and headset with microphone are required for Nurse Practitioner students and may be required for other courses. Check with your instructor.
- Microsoft Office (or software that can save in Office formats)
- Web Browser: Latest version of web browser, as updated here.
- Updated Flash player
- Windows Media Player or QuickTime player
Internet (upload) Speed
- Upload speed should be 2 Mbps (Megabits per second) or faster. Please check with your ISP to determine your upload speed, or check online.
Email, Canvas, and Technical Issues Information
- Please take time to become familiar with Canvas prior to class. While it may be only a few months since you have worked with Canvas, there are continuing updates. Become familiar with all of the opportunities provided by Regina Library for your academic success. The librarians will be more than willing to assist you. All email communication must be on Rivier University email. You may also use the message function in Canvas.
- If you need assistance on any IT related issues, below are some helpful methods of gaining assistance:
- If you are experiencing difficulty accessing a Rivier web portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to file a complaint about your online learning experience please use this form.
- Rivier University is authorized by the New England Commission of Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE) and the New Hampshire Higher Education Commission to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. In addition to the University’s student complaint procedure, students may contact the New Hampshire Higher Education Commission at NH Higher Education.
Request more info