Mission and Vision
- Our mission is to support Rivier University’s curriculum and uphold information literacy standards by introducing students to library services and collections and by teaching information-seeking skills according to the guidelines set by the Association for College and Research Libraries (ACRL) and the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
- Our vision is that every Rivier student will be able to seek and use information effectively and responsibly during their academic years and beyond.
See our faculty handout, The ACRL Framework in Rivier’s Information Literacy Program, and visit our resources for Teaching How to Evaluate Information.
To schedule a library instruction session, contact the instructional librarian for your discipline:
- Samantha Cabral | Applied Exercise Science, Biology, Chemistry, Nursing, Philosophy, Physics, Public Health, Religious Studies, First- and Second-Year Core Curriculum Courses
- Jonathan Fowler | Education, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Kati MacFarline | Business, Criminal Justice, Cybersecurity Management, English, Global Scholars (Honors Program), Homeland Security & Emergency Management, Sport Management
- Morgan Reynolds | Modern Languages, History, Political Science
- Dan Speidel | Psychology, Social Work, Sociology