A variety of exciting travel opportunities await you!
Global Travel Resources
Planning global travel as part of your Rivier experience doesn't have to be a challenge. Here are some helpful resources to get you started.
Ready to get going? Gathering information about traveling before you depart is strongly recommended. We will guide you throughout the entire process, but we encourage you to also educate yourself with these links and additional resources.
Knowledge is Power
Together with your advisors, you will choose from study-abroad and faculty-led trips that meet your academic and personal goals. Once you decide on a trip, you’ll want to gather as much information as possible. We encourage you to explore these resources before you explore the world.
- For more than 50 years, Let’s Go has created one of the world’s favorite student travel content series, written entirely for students by students.
- For basic travel information about most countries, visit the Lonely Planet’s website. This site is geared more for tourists than students, but you can learn about the country you plan to visit.
Health and Safety
Travel Warnings. The U.S. State Department website provides extensive information for people living abroad as well as travel warnings.
- We strongly encourage you to consult the State Department Travel Warnings before and during your trip.
Safety and Security. The State Department’s Office of American Citizens Services and Crisis Management (ACS) administer the Consular Information Program to inform the public of conditions abroad that may affect safety and security.
- Find country-specific information, travel alerts, and travel warnings.
- Learn about driving in another country through the Association of Safe International Road Travel
Health. Your health is as important as your safety, inquire about vaccinations and medications with your primary care doctors and check the Centers for Disease Control Travel website for additional information.
Currency Conversion. Find out how far your money will take you with this currency converter.
Many cross-cultural opportunities exist within the city of Nashua, NH and throughout New England. These experiences are gateways to faculty-led trips and study abroad experiences. Local immersion experiences are always being developed and you are encouraged to explore them. Most cross-cultural experiences are one to three days in duration and combine learning and service components. The Office of Global Engagement can help you make locate these opportunities.