Enhance your education with a learning experience you'll never forget. Faculty-led trips are one to three credit courses taught by Rivier faculty at a location outside of the United States.
Join a faculty-led trip and get educational credit for a hands-on learning experience you will remember for a lifetime.
Experiential Learning at Its Finest
Take your coursework for a world tour. Join a faculty-led trip and immerse yourself in a new culture where your learning becomes hands-on. Apply your skills in real-world scenarios and bring that experience back home to campus.
- Rome, Italy | January 8 – 16, 2022
- Peru | May 16 – 26, 2022
- Tanzania | December 27, 2022 – January 7, 2023
- Rome. This cultural and service immersion trip had students exploring the culture and history of The Eternal City, as well as volunteering at the Nafuma Refugee Center, a day center for refugees in Rome, which provides advice, medical and legal assistance, and a respite on their journey.
- The Dominican Republic. Students gained a wider perspective on the global landscape in the DR. Many residents of this island, known for its robust tourist trade, live life in poverty; as a result, scores of children are left orphaned from the associated hardships. Students volunteered at the Aldeas SOS Children’s Village, an organization that provides day care, nutrition, education, and medical services to children and teens who have lost their parents.
- Belize. A small, Latin American island whose coastline borders the Caribbean Sea faces major public health challenges related to a lack of access to health education and medical services. Students experienced Belizean culture, participated in a variety of general medicine, nursing, and pharmacy experiences, and examined local soil and water for community education on potential health risks, gaining a firsthand perspective on global public health issues.
- Costa Rica. Students explored biotechnology and sustainability advances in a country where these are a national priority. Students and faculty worked to address issues related to sustainable business and environmental practices. In collaboration with the National University of Costa Rica, participants engaged in discussion and service projects that positively impacted the environment and local economy, and explore the cultural landscape.
Trips Gallery An Educational World Tour
Join a faculty-led trip and immerse yourself in a new culture where your learning becomes hands-on. Apply your skills in real-world scenarios and bring that experience back home to campus.