Nursing Schools Almanac 2022 has recognized Rivier’s exceptional nursing education, ranking the University as the #1 nursing school in New Hampshire.
MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management (Online)
Advance your nursing career with an online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management degree. Get the skills and knowledge you need to enhance patient care and guide other nurses in a senior leadership role.
- Next Start Date: October 25, 2023
- Est. Program Length: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 36
- Course Length: 14-week Nursing courses / 7-week Business courses
- Cost Per Credit: Business Courses – $648 / Nursing Courses – $680 / Clinical Courses – $1,061
Rankings and Accolades
Rivier University has been ranked the #1 online college in New Hampshire by Intelligent.com, a trusted resource for higher education programs.
MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management Online Overview
The nursing profession is experiencing dramatic change. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nursing will grow 6% from 2021 to 2031. Nurse leaders will be called upon to assist in transforming healthcare delivery systems to improve population health and patient outcomes in healthcare, insurance, and regulatory agencies, schools, and industry, regionally, nationally, and globally. With Rivier’s online MSN in Leadership in Health Systems Management degree program, you’ll be prepared for senior leadership roles across the changing healthcare profession.
Rivier’s MSN program is offered in a collaborative and flexible online environment. You’ll learn how to enhance patient care and lead others, laying an important foundation for the next stage of your nursing career.
There are four other tracks offered in the online Master of Science in Nursing program.
Request More Information
A Commitment To Quality
Upon completing the program, you will be eligible for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Rivier University is unable to accept students from some states due to the post-secondary higher-education requirements. There are also some restrictions for programs that lead to professional licensure due to the various requirements of individual state boards of nursing. See State Guide.
For further information on Professional Nursing Licensure at the state level, please use the following contact list (also available on the NC-SARA website).
Rivier’s ASN, BSN, MSN, Post Master’s Certificates, and DNP programs located in Nashua, NH are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the master’s nursing program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program.
MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management Online Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management program will:
- Analyze multiple dimensions of patient-centered care, including patient/family/community preferences and values and social, cultural, ethical, psychological, and spiritual context
- Analyze the potential and actual impact of national patient safety resources, initiatives, and regulations on systems and practice
- Monitor self, peers, and delivery system through quality assurance and total quality management as part of continuous quality improvement
- Evaluate/apply research findings and results appropriately in nursing, i.e., practice, education, theory, and research
- Utilize patient care technologies to deliver and enhance care and communication technologies to integrate and coordinate care
- Develop inter- and intra-collaborative relationships with professionals in other disciplines to improve healthcare systems
- Advocate for health policy change in establishing performance measures and standards related to quality principles within healthcare systems
MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management Online Curriculum
Rivier’s online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management program consists of 36 credit hours. The program is flexible and designed to work with your schedule.
By transferring up to 9 credits, you can finish the program in as little as a year and a half.
Core courses include:
- BUS 559 – Healthcare Finance
- BUS 569 – Healthcare Administration
- NSG 561 – Advanced Nursing Leadership I
- NSG 562 – Advanced Nursing Leadership I Practicum
- NSG 563 – Advanced Nursing Leadership II
- NSG 564 – Advanced Nursing Leadership II Practicum
- NSG 601 – Quality Healthcare Improvement
- NSG 602 – Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing & Healthcare
- NSG 606 – Research Capstone Advisement
- NSG 610 – Advanced Health Policy
- NSG 620 – Biostatistics for the Health Sciences
- BUS 632 – Healthcare Information Systems
- BUS 654 – Compliance and Risk Management in Healthcare Settings
Prepare to pursue an exciting career with the online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management program from Rivier.
Where Will Your Online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management Take You?
Graduates of the MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management program will be prepared for leadership roles in administration for all practice environments. Some potential careers include:
Take the Next Steps
Rivier's online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management prepares nurses for supervisory and management responsibilities in all practice environments, building the necessary skills for leadership career tracks.
Learn about admissions criteria, the process, and what you need to apply.
Rivier's Master of Science in Nursing faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare to advance your career with an online MSN Leadership in Health Systems Management degree from Rivier.