Our MBA in Information Technology Management has received national recognition based on flexibility, faculty, course strength, cost, and reputation.
MBA in Information Technology Management (Online)
Rivier's online MBA in Information Technology Management offers a strong foundation in business administration while providing a concentrated study of the strategies and approaches to managing information technology.
- Next Start Date: October 26, 2023
- Est. Program Length: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 36
- Course Length: 7 weeks
- Cost Per Credit: $629
Ranked Among the Best Online MBA in Information Technology Management Programs
Our program has been ranked as one of Intelligent.com’s Top 10 Best Online MBA in Information Technology Degree Programs for 2022.
The Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management gives you a strong foundation in business functions while providing concentrated study of the strategies and approaches to management in information technology.
In the IT specialization, a focused approach to technology prepares you to take ownership of digital environments and manage long-distance teams. You’ll master the art of online project management as you develop a deep knowledge of core business functions and processes including:
- Accounting for managers
- Strategies of innovation
- Database management systems
- Project management
- Computer security
Rivier’s MBA with a concentration in IT Management can lead you to several rewarding careers at the intersection of business and technology. According to Payscale, employees with a Master of Business Administration (MBA), Information Technology Management Degree earn an average yearly salary of $105,000.
Accreditation and Accolades
Rivier’s undergraduate programs in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, and Marketing, as well as the MBA programs, are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Request More Information
Online MBA in Information Technology Management: Learning Outcomes
When you finish your degree, you will learn to:
- Lead teams through virtual environments
- Manage and enhance computer security
- Maintain database management systems
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze situations
- Compare and contrast the opportunities provided by technology for an organization
- Utilize effective communication techniques
- Evaluate situations that present potential legal, ethical, and social sustainability issues and develop solutions for those issues
MBA in Information Technology Online Curriculum
Rivier’s ACBSP-accredited MBA in Information Technology online program includes 36 credit hours and 12 total courses. The flexible, convenient format will allow you to complete your classes while working full time and maintaining personal commitments. We accept up to nine transfer credits, so you can accelerate your studies and earn your degree at a lower cost.
Core courses include:
- BUS 510 – Accounting For Managers
- BUS 523 – Marketing and New Product Development
- BUS 529 – Economic Analysis
- BUS 550 – Global Finance for Managers
- BUS 644 – Risk Management and Decision Making
- BUS 779 – Strategies of Innovation
Explore Other MBA Concentration Options
With concentrations available in three in-demand fields, our MBA online programs give you the skills you need for ongoing success. Explore our other MBA concentrations:
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Career Outlook with an Online MBA in Information Technology Management
Graduates of this online program are well prepared for a wide scope of in-demand technology and business careers. Jobs with the best salary include:
- Computer and information systems manager: $159,010 per year
- IT director: $122,363 per year
- IT security manager: $117,266 per year
- Database administrator and architect: $98,860 per year
- Information technology (IT) manager: $89,198 per year
- Network and computer systems administrator: $80,600 per year
- Business systems analyst: $70,710 per year
Take the Next Steps
Level up your business administration and tech skills with an online MBA in Information Technology Management.
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Our experienced MBA faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Advance your career with an online MBA in Information Technology Management from Rivier University.