Rivier's MBA in Healthcare Administration is ranked among the top five programs nationally by EduMed.
MBA in Healthcare Administration (Online)
Become a leader in the healthcare industry with an online MBA in Healthcare Administration degree from Rivier University. You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to enhance operations to better meet patients’ needs.
- Next Start Date: January 15, 2024
- Est. Program Length: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 36
- Course Length: 7 weeks
- Cost Per Credit: $664
Why Study Healthcare Administration at Rivier?
Rivier’s MBA in Healthcare Administration is ranked among the top five programs nationally by EduMed.
This online MBA Healthcare Administration degree program will enhance your understanding of information management, compliance, risk management, policy development, healthcare law and ethics, healthcare finance, and related subjects. Because the healthcare administration program is delivered fully online, you can learn in a flexible, convenient format that meets the needs of your professional and personal schedules.
The ACBSP-accredited program gives you skills in the management of core business functions with an emphasis on developing, planning, and managing operations and services within healthcare facilities and across healthcare systems. You’ll be qualified to pursue healthcare administration and management positions that will grow much faster than average at 32% from 2020 to 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Request More Information
Rivier University's online MBA in Healthcare Administration receives a top ten national ranking.
Rivier University's online MBA in Healthcare Administration is ranked 11th nationally by Intelligent.com.
Rivier’s undergraduate business programs as well as the MBA programs, are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
What You’ll Learn / Learning Outcomes
In this healthcare management MBA program, you will:
- Understand the operational side of managing a healthcare facility, whether it is a small office, a clinic, or a large hospital
- Develop critical thinking skills and effective communication techniques
- Learn the importance of resolving legal and ethical issues
Online MBA in Healthcare Administration Curriculum
Rivier’s online, ACBSP-accredited healthcare management program includes 36 credit hours and 12 total courses. The flexible, convenient format will allow you to complete your classes while working full time and maintaining personal commitments. We accept up to nine transfer credits, so you can accelerate your studies and earn your degree at a lower cost.
Core courses include:
- BUS 559 – Healthcare Finance
- BUS 560 – Organizational Dynamics
- BUS 569 – Healthcare Administration
- BUS 632 – Healthcare Information Systems
- BUS 652 – Healthcare Policy: Development and Implications
- BUS 654 – Compliance and Risk Management in Healthcare Settings
- BUS 659 – Crisis Management and Conflict Resolution
- BUS 660 – Human Resources Management
- BUS 662 – Healthcare Law and Ethics
- BUS 679 – Facilities Planning
- BUS 681 – Healthcare Marketing Strategies
- BUS 777 – Strategies of Healthcare Administration
Rivier’s Healthcare Administration program prepares graduates to become business-savvy administrators in the healthcare industry.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Career Outlook with an Online MBA in Healthcare Administration
Our online MBA Health Administration program graduates leave Rivier prepared to serve as business leaders and professionals around the world. Rivier’s online program includes not only core business courses but also healthcare-related courses to prepare you to be a business-savvy administrator in the healthcare industry. The highest-paying types of positions include:
- Operations specialties manager: $130,950 per year
- Medical and health services manager: $104,830 per year
- Administrative services and facilities manager: $101,870 per year
- Hospital administrator: $91,483 per year
- Healthcare consultant: $84,808 per year
- Healthcare administrator: $77,530 per year
Additional Healthcare Administration and Management Jobs
- Health and social services manager
- Health information manager
- Healthcare business analyst/economist
- Healthcare business strategist
- Healthcare practice manager
- Healthcare project manager
- Healthcare technology solutions architect
- Medical facility manager
- Medical practice manager
- Dental practice manager
- Medical records manager
- Nursing administrator
- Risk management analyst
Potential Job Settings
- Nursing homes
- Consulting firms
- Health insurance organizations
- Pharmaceutical organizations
- Mental health organizations
- Public health departments
- Colleges, universities, and other research institutions
Ted Dudley, Class of 2000G, had established a successful career in hospital administration before he enrolled in Rivier’s MBA in Healthcare Administration program. His goal was to break into the C-Suite, and his mentors encouraged him to pursue an MBA. He credits his Rivier education with advancing his critical thinking and decision-making skills—in both his personal and professional life—and enhancing his appreciation of others’ talents. Currently, Ted serves as Executive Vice President and CFO at Catholic Medical Center, as well as on the Board and Finance Committee at Catholic Charities NH. Giving back to his alma mater, Ted recently joined Rivier’s Board of Trustees to help guide the University’s vision and future growth.
Take the Next Steps
Rivier's Healthcare Administration program prepares graduates to become business-savvy administrators in the healthcare industry.
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Our experienced MBA faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.