Our RN to BSN online program is ranked first among all other programs in New Hampshire by RegisteredNursing.org and RNtoMSN.org.
B.S. in Nursing—RN to BSN (Online)
Advance your nursing career and impact the lives of others with an online, ACEN-accredited B.S. in Nursing—RN to BSN from Rivier, a recognized leader in the education of nursing and healthcare professionals.
- Next Start Date: March 18, 2022
- Est. Program Length: 1–2 years
- Credit Hours: 120
- Course Length: 7 weeks
- Cost Per Credit: $365
Rankings and Accolades
Nursing Schools Almanac 2020 has recognized Rivier’s exceptional nursing education, ranking the University as a top nursing school nationally and regionally. In the state of NH, Rivier earned the #1 ranking for private nursing schools.
RN to BSN Online Program Overview
Nurses play an essential role in our healthcare system, delivering patient-centered care through evidence-based practice. Continuing your nursing education with a bachelor’s degree can help you open doors to new professional opportunities while expanding your skills to prepare for leadership, specialty practice, case management, and more.
Rivier’s flexible, convenient online RN to BSN degree program allows you to continue working while you pursue your degree. You can immediately apply what you learn and advance the quality of care you provide to patients each day as a registered nurse.
Time to degree completion is flexible, based on your needs. Transfer the maximum of 90 credits and you can:
- Finish in as little as one year by taking two classes every seven-week term
- Finish in less than two years by taking one course every seven-week term
With competitive tuition and a Transfer Scholarship, you can earn your degree for less than $9,000! (Technology and Graduation fees are additional).
Graduates of Rivier’s ACEN-accredited BSN program who sat for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses in 2020 had a pass rate of 95% for first-time NCLEX-RN test takers. The national BSN average pass rate was 86.57%, putting Rivier students well above graduates of other online registered nursing programs.
Rivier University is unable to accept students from some states due to the post-secondary higher-education requirements. There are also some restrictions for programs that lead to professional licensure due to the various requirements of individual state boards of nursing. See State Guide.
For further information on Professional Nursing Licensure at the state level, please use the following contact list (also available on the NC-SARA website).
Request More Information
To learn more about one of our programs, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch:
A Commitment to Quality
Rivier’s ASN, BSN, MSN, Post Master’s Certificates, and DNP programs located in Nashua, NH are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the baccalaureate nursing program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program.
RN to BSN Online Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the B.S. in Nursing – RN to BSN program are generalists who practice professional nursing in a variety of healthcare settings, and are prepared to:
- Provide patient-centered, priority-based nursing care to individuals, families, and groups through independent and collaborative application of the nursing process
- Implement factors that create a culture of safety and a just culture
- Integrate evidence, clinical judgment, inter-professional perspectives, and patient preference in planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes of care
- Incorporate the use of technology that supports clinical decision-making, patient education, error prevention, and care coordination
- Use inter- and intra-professional communication and collaborative skills to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered care
- Participate in the use of quality indicators and core measures to evaluate the effect of change in the delivery of care as derived through health policy
RN to BSN Online Curriculum
Rivier’s online RN to BSN program consists of nine major courses and 120 total credits. The flexible, convenient format will allow you to complete your classes while working full time and maintaining personal commitments.
When you apply with an active RN license, we will transfer and apply up to 90 associate degree credits toward the BSN credit requirement, enabling you to complete your bachelor’s degree in as little as one year.
View Degree Requirements
Prepare to pursue a rewarding career through the RN to BSN online nursing program from Rivier.
Where Will Your Online RN to BSN Degree Take You?
When you finish your program, you will be ready for a career in healthcare and well-positioned for success in a competitive nursing job market. Nurses with the BSN credential are qualified for careers like:
- Registered nurse: $75,330 per year
- Medical-surgical nurse: $81,680 per year
- Pediatric nurse: $61,169 per year
- Oncology or other specialty nurse: $82,910 per year
- School nurse: $48,530 per year
Graduates of our online RN to BSN program are prepared to continue their studies in graduate school by pursuing advanced degrees in nursing, healthcare administration, and other related fields.
Take the Next Steps
Prepare to pursue a rewarding career through an online BSN nursing program from Rivier.
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare to advance your education and career with a BSN degree from Rivier.