Prepare to pursue a rewarding career with an ASN from Rivier.
Nursing—LPN to ASN
Fast track your nursing career with Rivier's LPN to ASN program.
Why Study Nursing at Rivier?
Rivier’s ASN program offers evening classes and evening or weekend clinical rotations, enabling you to work full- or part-time while pursuing your degree. Graduates of the ASN program are well-prepared to function as beginning practitioners in structured health care agencies using established protocols.
The LPN to ASN program offers LPNs an accelerated pathway to earning their associate degree through advanced placement in the nursing program.
Applicants may be granted advanced placement into the LPN to ASN Program contingent upon proof of unencumbered LPN licensure, a review of their LPN curriculum, and the successful challenge of NSG 101 Nursing Fundamentals and NSG 102 Care of the Adult 1. When accepted and prerequisites are fulfilled, students will be exempt from 100-level clinical courses.
Multiple term starts, a generous transfer credit policy, and competitive tuition rates are designed to help you start, and finish, faster.
- Next Start Date: March 13, 2020
- Est. Program Length: 4 semesters (after prerequisites are met)
- Credit Hours: 37 (after prerequisites are met)
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
Beyond classroom learning, the curriculum includes extensive hands-on experience in clinical settings and well-equipped simulation laboratories. Rivier’s physical assessment and nursing skills simulation laboratories are equipped with a wide array of patient examination equipment, including SIM Man, SIM baby, SIM Kid, and Noelle, the birthing simulator.
In this program you will:
- Learn how to provide patient-centered, priority-based nursing care to individuals, families, and groups through independent and collaborative application of nursing process
- Utilize technology that supports clinical decision-making, patient education, error prevention, and care coordination
- Develop your critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Become an effective communicator and collaborator
Get Ready for the World
At Rivier, we focus on professional experiences to expand your knowledge beyond the theoretical foundations and prepare you for a successful career or graduate studies.
Our partnerships with a variety of healthcare organizations throughout the region offer opportunities to experience a wide range of specialties. Our Nursing majors work with practicing healthcare professionals in a variety of clinical placements, including:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Elliot Health Systems/Elliot Hospital
- Lowell General Hospital
- Catholic Medical Center
- Home Health & Hospice Care, Inc.
- Lowell Community Health Center
- Nashua Public Health Department
- Saint Joseph Healthcare
- Southern NH Health System
- VA Medical Center, Manchester, NH
Licensure and Accreditation
Upon completion of the program, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and to assume beginning nursing positions in hospital acute-care facilities, extended-care facilities, and other structured healthcare settings.
Rivier University’s ASN, BSN, MSN, Post Master’s Certificates and DNP programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Ga 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org.
To make the leap from LPN to RN, Irene Arevalo Jimenez, Class of 2017/2019, completed the program to earn her ASN in 2017. She continued in Rivier's Nursing program and graduated magna cum laude with her BSN in 2019. Currently, Irene is a registered nurse working at Southern NH Medical Center.
Where Will Your Nursing Degree Take You?
Our ASN program prepares graduates to move directly into beginning nursing positions in hospital acute-care facilities, extended-care facilities, and in other structured health care settings.
- Registered nurses
- Specialty nurses (e.g., medical-surgical, pediatric, oncology, etc.)
- School nurses
- Public health nurses
- Social services nurses
Our graduates are well prepared to pursue advanced study in nursing, healthcare administration, and other related fields.
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Though professional advising, assistance with career and major planning, internship options, and job search information—you'll get all the support you need.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare to advance your career with an ASN degree from Rivier.