Graduates of the Biology program will be ready to join the workforce in a variety of innovative careers.
B.S. in Biology
Prepare to work in exciting and emerging scientific fields with the hands-on research experiences and knowledge crucial for success in today's global environment.
Why Earn an Undergraduate Degree in Biology at Rivier?
Individuals trained in STEM disciplines are in high demand. Our B.S. in Biology degree will provide you with a competitive edge for entry into the scientific community and prepare you to advance to leadership roles. You will be prepared for a variety of careers in biology, biotechnology, and environmental sciences as well as ready for advanced graduate study and research.
Watch the video to learn more about the education of Biology students at Rivier University!
We award more than $14 million in need-based and merit-based institutional aid annually. Rivier awards 100% of our full-time undergraduate students some form of aid. Find out more from our Student Financial Services Office.
New for Fall 2021 – Incoming Biology and Biotechnology majors are eligible for a Biology Innovators Grant. Each student will be awarded a $3,000 grant each year, renewable for four years for a total of $12,000 in financial support, in addition to a competitive financial aid package. This grant award supports students pursuing degrees in the life sciences.
Choose Your Concentration
When pursuing your B.S. in Biology at Rivier, you’ll gain knowledge across a variety of biological disciplines and can focus on your career interests and goals by choosing from three concentrations:
- Allied Health. Coursework prepares students for careers in medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, or laboratory-based medical research.
- Combined Biology. For those with a range of interests, the combined biology concentration provides a broad background in biology and has the flexibility for students to minor in another subject.
- Environmental Science. Students pursuing careers in conservation, ecology, animal behavior, or related environmental science fields develop the knowledge and laboratory skills necessary for success at the graduate or professional level.
Get Ready for the World with a B.S. in Biology
A variety of internship opportunities will take you out of the classroom and into the world. Biology degree students have interned at pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, medical facilities, and a variety of other locations.
You will also have opportunities to travel to international field sites for firsthand experiences and to apply classroom knowledge while exploring different ecosystems. Through study abroad and short-term service trips to Costa Rica, Senegal, and other locations around the globe, your classroom learning will come to life as you broaden your worldview.
In addition to conducting an independent research project in your senior year, you’ll experience a variety of opportunities for hands-on learning and research conducted under the mentorship of our distinguished faculty. B.S. in Biology students actively participate in the Biology Club and in local community services events. Those who perform well academically have the opportunity to be inducted into Beta Beta Beta, a national biological honor society.
Innovation Made Possible
With the University’s new Science and Innovation Center, you will conduct independent and group research as well as experiments in our state-of-the-art facility featuring:
- Learning spaces that foster innovation and discovery
- Laboratories and equipment designed to solve real-world problems
- Technology that brings classroom learning to life
- Collaborative spaces to foster faculty and student research
Watch the video to learn how we put science on display with learning spaces that foster innovation and discovery, laboratories and equipment designed to solve real-world problems, technology that brings the world of science into the classroom, and collaborative spaces for faculty and student research!
Where Will Your Bachelor’s in Biology Take You?
With a B.S. in Biology, you will be prepared for a variety of careers in the sciences.
- Doctors, veterinarians, and pharmacists
- Research scientists and laboratory technicians
- Clinical trial directors and pharmaceutical professionals
- Disease control specialists
- Environmental scientists
- Zookeepers, science museum, and aquarium staff
Our alumni are well prepared to pursue graduate studies in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and other fields.
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Learn how you can interact with the world on our campus in Nashua and abroad.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Join the workforce in a variety of innovative careers with the B.S. in Biology degree.