Graduates of the Mathematics program are workforce ready and positioned for success in the competitive job market.
B.A. in Mathematics
Whether it is business, law, education, medicine, government, or academia, our B.A. in Mathematics will prepare you for the career of your choice in nearly any field.
Why Study Mathematics at Rivier?
The problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills of mathematics are critical for 21st employment and leadership. Advancements in science and technology, data capture, and modeling have increased the demand for math majors in nearly every industry.
In this program you will:
- Gain critical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Be prepared to adapt to our increasingly complex, data-driven world
- Develop computational fluency and mathematical logic
You can broaden your learning experience by complementing your mathematics major with study in another discipline such as business, education, or science. Additionally, you’ll be well prepared for graduate studies in Rivier’s MBA 4+1 program, M.A. in Teaching Mathematics, and M.S. in Computer Science programs.
Experience the World
In additional to co-curricular experiences, you will have the opportunity to participate in internships and service-learning projects that will take you out of the classroom and into the world. Students are encouraged to participate in study abroad opportunities ranging from faculty-led, week-long study tours to a full semester spent at a university abroad. You will gain real-world, resume-building experiences, and begin to develop your professional network.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
The B.A. in Mathematics will open doors to a variety of careers.
- Mathematicians, actuaries, and statisticians
- Computer and systems analysts
- Financial planners and advisors
- Math teachers
- Business management and operations analysis
- Insurance and risk assessment
- Financial consulting and investments
- Education and academia
- Computer scientists
- Government security and research
- Transportation network design and analysis
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Secure internships that match your skills and interests to build the career of your dreams.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare for a variety of analytical careers with a B.A. in Mathematics.