Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Task Force
The Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Task Force addresses issues of substance use and abuse among Rivier students. Comprised of students, faculty, and staff, the task force provides education and encourages students to make low-risk choices.
The Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Task Force addresses the issues of substance use and abuse among the student population. Through education, enforcement, social norming and other environmental strategies the task force endorses low-risk choices and the use of early intervention services.
Among its primary goals:
- Assess student alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use.
- Review and recommend policies related to substance use/abuse.
- Provide and support education regarding substance use/abuse prevention strategies for the entire Rivier Community.
- Network with external agencies/individuals at the community and state level to advance the mission of the task force.
Wellness is the main objective of the Task Force on Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs. We encourage you to utilize the various resources on campus if you or another is having trouble and in need of assistance. The Rivier University Counseling and Wellness Center, Health Services, Public Safety, and Human Resources (staff and faculty) departments are here to help.
- American Cancer Society’s Guide to Quitting Smoking
- College Tobacco Prevention Resource
- Becoming Tobacco Free
- Smoke Fee Campuses
On Alcohol & Other Drugs
- College Drinking Prevention
- Children of Alcoholics Foundation
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Alcohol Prevention for High School and College Students
- Go Ask Alice | Additional online info on drugs & alcohol
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
On Social Norms
There are many ways to enjoy yourself and connect with friends that don’t involve alcohol or drugs. Some options are listed below.