Rivier’s 2020 Commencement ceremony has been rescheduled for August 16.
We look forward to celebrating our 2020 graduates:
Rivier University’s 85th Commencement
Sunday, August 16 at 10:00 a.m.
Northeast Delta Dental Stadium
One Line Drive, Manchester, NH
The Northeast Delta Dental Stadium staff are prepared to welcome the Rivier community while following best health and safety practices including physical distancing, masking, and cleaning practices. The Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Academic Affairs are planning a ceremony that will celebrate your accomplishments and support health and safety protocols. Event details will be available in the coming days and will be sent to your Rivier e-mail and published on this page.
Due to physical distancing requirements set forth by Manchester Public Health, each graduate may bring 4 guests to the ceremony. Please watch for updates with important information on arrival time, line-up procedures, and other event details. We look forward to safely coming together as a community in August to recognize your many accomplishments!
We are proud to share our 2020 Commencement Ceremony video on this page. Enjoy the show!
Commencement 2020 | Frequently Asked Questions
What safety precautions will be in place for this event?
- Following guidelines from Manchester Public Health, the Northeast Delta Dental Stadium staff are prepared to welcome the Rivier community while following best health and safety practices including physical distancing, masking, and cleaning practices.
- Due to the physical distancing requirements, the stadium has set a limit of four guests per graduate.
- We understand that this limitation may create a burden for some graduates. Northeast Delta Dental Stadium has agreed to open a waitlist. Completing the waitlist request form does NOT guarantee the admission of additional guests. You will only receive a response to your additional ticket request if the stadium determines that the number of original graduate/guest RSVP’s is fewer than what had been estimated. If this becomes the case, stadium staff will refer to the waitlist. Please understand that waitlist seating takes place after the physically distanced seating has been completed. Additional guests will be seated in a different area than the originally ticketed guests and will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Event tickets will be emailed to the address you identify when completing your ticket request. Please note the stadium will send the email with tickets to you directly on or before August 14. Your tickets will not come from a Rivier email account. Please watch your email for a message from a nhfishercats.com email address.
- Temperature checks of every graduate and guest will be performed at both entry gates. If anyone in the party fails the temperature check, no one in the party will be allowed into the stadium.
- Masks must be worn by everyone in the stadium at all times while in transition (walking to seats, lining up, etc.). Once seated, masks may be removed. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the stadium. Manchester Public Health will be on-site and will be enforcing these policies.
- Please pay special attention to your ticket for staggered arrival times with specific gate entry/exit assignments under the direction of Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. The information you receive via email will be your actual ticket, and arrival times along with assigned parking areas will be clearly identified. Immediately following the ceremony, all graduates will reunite with their guests and will depart at the direction of stadium staff.
What are the guidelines for graduates and guests arriving from out of state?
- The status of COVID-19 in New Hampshire and surrounding states is continually evolving. Anyone traveling to New Hampshire from out of state is encouraged to refer to the New Hampshire COVID guidance page. Additional information can be found by dialing 2-1-1 (COVID Hotline) or through the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. Keep in mind that the management of Rivier’s Commencement ceremony is under the direction of Northeast Delta Dental Stadium staff and Manchester Public Health.
Will the event be live-streamed?
- The Commencement will be live-streamed and accessible at https://www.rivier.edu/commencementlivestream
How will graduates be seated?
- Students will process and be seated in Last Name alphabetical order by degree under the direction of the Northeast Delta Dental Stadium staff. This seating is in place for contact tracing purposes, if it were to become necessary.
What should I bring with me?
- Graduates are expected to arrive at the assigned time dressed in their graduation gowns with their hoods, caps, and any cords they may have earned. If you have not yet received your cap and gown, you should immediately contact the Rivier Bookstore at (603) 888-4145 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Graduates also need to bring a mask or face covering for entrance into the stadium.
- Although graduates must wear their own mask or face covering to enter the stadium, a black replacement mask (to match your gown) will be supplied at check-in.
- Unopened bottles of water are allowed into the stadium. Water will be supplied and located at each graduate’s seat and will be available for purchase by guests for $3/bottle.
Will there be a photographer at the event?
- A photographer will be at the stadium to capture a photo of each graduate. Photo purchasing information will be sent via email. Unfortunately, there will be no gathering for personal photos allowed anywhere in the stadium. Time, space, and physical distancing will not allow any lingering.
Will the bookstore sell Rivier merchandise at the event?
- There will not be any Rivier merchandise for sale at the event. If you wish to purchase Rivier University items, please contact the bookstore directly at (603) 888-4145 or https://www.bkstr.com/rivierstore/home. The bookstore will be on-site at the Commencement Ceremony only for the purpose of issues with regalia.
Will there be a florist selling flowers?
- Unfortunately, we cannot have outside vendors at this event.
If you have any further questions about your Commencement ceremony, please contact Kathy Morrissey in the Office of Student Affairs at email@example.com.
PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE TO GRADUATES
Dear 2020 Graduates:
I am delighted to announce that Rivier University’s 85th Commencement will be held on Sunday, August 16 at 10:00 a.m. at the Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, home of the Fisher Cats. The stadium is located at One Line Drive, Manchester, NH off exit 5 of Everett Turnpike. We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of our 2020 graduates. Additional information will be forthcoming from the Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Academic Affairs.
To the graduating Class of 2020, I ask for your cooperation in responding to invitations and inquiries to ensure that Commencement 2020 is a well-planned and celebratory event for you and your guests. The Northeast Delta Dental Stadium staff are well prepared to welcome the Rivier community and over the last several weeks have hosted other graduations events following best health and safety practices. Please stay alert for additional email updates and instructions. Appropriate information will also be placed on the University’s website.
With best wishes to you and your families during these days.
Sister Paula Marie Buley, IHM
Preparing for Graduation
Your first step toward graduation is completing your formal notification of intent to graduate. Each degree-seeking student must submit the Application for Graduation electronically or through a paper form available in the Office of the Registrar.
Submit your form by the following deadlines:
- August 1 for the end of the summer semester to graduate on September 2
- December 1 for the end of the fall semester to graduate on January 2
- February 1 for the end of the spring semester to graduate in May
Students who complete degree requirements after the summer or fall semesters are encouraged to participate in the Commencement ceremony in May. You are advised to check with your Department Chairperson or Academic Advisor to be certain that all requirements for graduation have been met.
A mandatory graduation fee of $175 is charged to all students’ accounts upon acceptance of the Application to Graduate. Student account balances must be paid in full before diplomas are issued. Graduation fees can be paid through MyRiv.
You will receive additional information once your Application for Graduation is received. You are welcome to contact us if you have additional questions.