Commencement will be held on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 10:00 am at Delta Dental Stadium (1 Line Dr, Manchester, NH 03101).
Due to the capacity and physical distancing requirements set forth by Delta Dental Stadium, each graduate will be limited to 4 tickets.
- Registration for yourself and guests must be received no later than Monday, May 3. Registration is managed directly through Delta Dental Stadium.
- Based on the number of ticket requests received, a waitlist may be opened for additional tickets. Rivier will communicate with you if a waitlist becomes available.
- Delta Dental Stadium states that children aged 3 and under do not require a ticket if they will sit on someone’s lap. If you would like the child to sit in their own seat, then you must register them for one of your 4 available tickets. In order to maintain social distancing between family groups, your guests may only occupy the number of seats that you request tickets for (up to 4).
Following guidelines from Manchester Public Health, the Delta Dental Stadium staff are prepared to welcome the Rivier community while following best health and safety practices including physical distancing, masking, and cleaning practices.
Commencement 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
Why were Rivier University’s Commencement date and location moved?
- Due to COVID event/gathering restrictions in Massachusetts, Rivier University was unable to retain our event at Tsongas Center. Delta Dental Stadium provides an outstanding venue to honor our commitment to an in-person graduation ceremony. However, our event date was limited to Mondays when the Fisher Cats do not play baseball.
What safety precautions will be in place for this event?
- Following guidelines from Manchester Public Health, the Delta Dental Stadium staff are prepared to welcome the Rivier community while following best health and safety practices including physical distancing, masking, and cleaning practices.
- Due to the physical distancing requirements, the stadium has set a limit of four guests per graduate.
- Based on the number of ticket requests received, there may be a waitlist opened for additional tickets. Rivier will communicate with you if a waitlist is available.
- Event tickets will be emailed to the address you identify when completing your ticket request. Please note the stadium will send the email with tickets to you directly 72 hours prior to Commencement. Your tickets will not come from a Rivier email account. Please watch your email for a message from a nhfishercats.com email address.
- Temperature checks of every graduate and guest will be performed at entry gates. If anyone in the party fails the temperature check, no one in the party will be allowed into the stadium.
- Masks must be worn by everyone in the stadium at all times. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the stadium. Manchester Public Health will be on-site and will be enforcing these policies.
- Once you receive your tickets, please pay special attention to your ticket for staggered arrival times with specific gate entry/exit assignments under the direction of Delta Dental Stadium. The information you receive via email will be your actual ticket, and arrival times along with assigned parking areas will be clearly identified. Immediately following the ceremony, all graduates will reunite with their guests and will depart at the direction of the stadium staff.
What are the guidelines for graduates and guests arriving from out of state?
- The status of COVID-19 in New Hampshire and surrounding states is continually evolving. Anyone traveling to New Hampshire from out of state is encouraged to refer to the New Hampshire COVID guidance page. Additional information can be found by dialing 2-1-1 (COVID Hotline) or through the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. Keep in mind that the management of Rivier’s Commencement ceremony is under the direction of Delta Dental Stadium staff and Manchester Public Health.
Will the event be live-streamed?
- The Commencement will be live-streamed. A link to the live stream will be announced closer to the ceremony date.
How will graduates be seated?
- Students will be seated in Last Name alphabetical order by degree under the direction of Delta Dental Stadium staff. This seating is in place for contact tracing purposes. If it were to become necessary. There will be no student processional due to social distancing requirements.
What should I bring with me?
- Graduates are expected to arrive at the assigned time dressed in their graduation gowns with their hoods, caps, and any cords they may have earned. If you have already ordered your cap and gown and have made your pickup appointment (information was sent to your Rivier email), you may come to the Dion Center at your scheduled time on April 13 or 14. If you have not yet ordered your cap and gown or are unable to make the pickup dates, you should contact the Rivier Bookstore at (603) 888-4145 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who require shipment of their regalia must contact the bookstore to make those arrangements and should be aware that the student is responsible for the shipping cost.
- Graduates must wear a mask or face covering throughout the ceremony. A black mask (to match your gown) will be supplied with your regalia.
- Unopened bottles of water are allowed into the stadium. Water will be supplied and located at each graduate’s seat and will be available for purchase by guests.
Will there be a photographer at the event?
- Yes. A photographer will be at the stadium to capture a photo of each graduate. Photo purchasing information will be sent via email. Stadium policy will not allow for gatherings for personal photos inside the stadium.
Will the bookstore sell Rivier merchandise at the event?
- There will be Rivier merchandise for sale at the event. Bookstore personnel will also be on-site at the Commencement ceremony for the purpose of issues with regalia.
Will there be a florist selling flowers?
Will the concession stand be open?
If you have questions, please email Kathy Morrissey in the Office of Student Affairs.
Preparing for Graduation
Your first step toward graduation is completing your formal notification of intent to graduate. Each degree-seeking student must submit the Application for Graduation electronically or through a paper form available in the Office of the Registrar.
Submit your form by the following deadlines:
- August 1 for the end of the summer semester to graduate on September 2
- December 1 for the end of the fall semester to graduate on January 2
- February 1 for the end of the spring semester to graduate in May
Students who complete degree requirements after the summer or fall semesters are encouraged to participate in the Commencement ceremony in May. You are advised to check with your Department Chairperson or Academic Advisor to be certain that all requirements for graduation have been met.
A mandatory graduation fee of $175 is charged to all students’ accounts upon acceptance of the Application to Graduate. Student account balances must be paid in full before diplomas are issued. Graduation fees can be paid through MyRiv.
You will receive additional information once your Application for Graduation is received. You are welcome to contact us if you have additional questions.