Rivier has received the No. 1 ranking for best online college in New Hampshire (2023) by Intelligent.com.
M.Ed. in School Counseling (Online)
Prepare for a rewarding career of supporting students' educational and emotional growth and development with Rivier's online M.Ed. in School Counseling degree. Through a combination of classroom and internship experience, you will explore methods to address students who are struggling with social, emotional, and educational challenges.
- Next Start Date: January 15, 2024
- Est. Program Length: 3 years (Two years of coursework, followed by a one-year, 600-hour internship in New Hampshire)
- Low-residency Format: Online coursework and two weekends on campus
- Credit Hours: 57
- Course Length: 7 or 14 weeks
- Cost Per Credit: $664
Rankings and Accolades
Online M.Ed. in School Counseling Overview
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE EDUCATIONAL JOURNEY OF CHILDREN
At some point, every student will face challenges. That’s why it’s important for trained, skilled counselors to be readily available to get them back on track. As a graduate of Rivier University’s online M.Ed. in School Counseling program, you will work in essential areas as a valuable resource for students and families.
- Upon completion of the M.Ed. in School Counseling program, you will be licensed in school counseling by the New Hampshire State Department of Education, which will further demonstrate your expertise and leadership in the field.
- Upon completion of this program, you will be eligible for licensure in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories, the Department of Defense Education Activity, Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario per the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement.
Request More Information
In this online program, you will:
- Become a highly effective, culturally competent professional.
- Utilize intervention strategies and case conceptualization skills grounded in theory.
- Develop strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Become an effective communicator and collaborator.
Online M.Ed. in School Counseling Program Curriculum
Our expert curriculum will give you the training needed to pursue counseling jobs with confidence. During your course of study, you’ll explore topics such as group counseling, collaboration, psychopathology, ethics, cultural foundations, and more. Basic and advanced skills training is acquired through residency and internship hours.
Coursework topics include:
- Basic Human Interaction
- Clinical Counseling Theories
- Clinical Counseling Techniques
- Group Counseling
- Professional Issues in School Counseling
- Collaboration and Intervention
- Career and Lifestyle Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Advanced Multicultural Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Research
- Advanced Psychology of Human Development
- Positive Psychology
Make Positive Change for Students with a Degree in Counseling
Rivier’s online Master’s in School Counseling degree will put you on the road to one of many in-demand careers and certify you for work in the K-12 setting.
Some careers you can pursue include:
- Human Service Counselors: $49,066/year
- Learning Center Directors: $45,510/year
- School Counselor: $52,424/year
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare for a rewarding career as a certified school counselor with an M.Ed. in School Counseling.