Graduates of our Special Education studies program will be positioned for a rewarding career in a variety of professional and educational settings.
M.Ed. in Education Studies
Learn effective teaching strategies and strengthen your mastery of academic content with an M.Ed. in Education Studies.
- Next Start Date: January 15, 2024
- Est. Program Length: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 39
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
- Cost Per Credit: $664
Why Study Education Studies at Rivier?
Rivier’s M.Ed. in Education Studies will help you develop the knowledge and skills necessary for teaching in the 21st century. You’ll be prepared to work effectively with students, parents, and your colleagues to help students get the best education possible and reach their full potential.
This program is designed for individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree in education, or a closely related field, and who want to broaden and deepen their professional skills and competencies without seeking certification.
In the M.Ed. in Education Studies program, you will:
- Become an effective educator and communicator
- Connect theory with practice for classroom success
- Develop your critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Program of Study
This is a 39-credit program, which includes a six-credit project in each program of study. Our Education Studies program features an individualized plan of study designed to meet your career needs and goals by developing an area of concentration in fields like:
- Counseling and School Psychology
- Educational Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle/Secondary Education
- Special Education
Where Will Your Education Studies Degree Take You?
Graduates of this program are well-rounded academic leaders, prepared to work in a variety of professional and educational settings.
- Public school teachers
- Private and charter school teachers
- Human services professionals
- Learning center directors
- Corporate trainers
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare for a rewarding career with an M.Ed. in Education Studies.