Rivier has received the No. 1 ranking for best online college in New Hampshire (2023) by Intelligent.com.
M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (Online)
In Rivier's Master in Clinical Mental Health Counseling online degree program, you'll learn to help those in need and prepare yourself to follow your passion in a wide variety of counseling jobs.
- Next Start Date: January 15, 2024
- Est. Program Length: 3 years (Two years of coursework, followed by a one-year, 700-hour internship)
- Low-residency Format: Online coursework and two weekends on campus
- Credit Hours: 63
- Course Length: 7 or 14 weeks
- Cost Per Credit: $664
Rankings and Accolades
Online M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Overview
follow your passion for helping those who need it most
Mental health counselors serve a vital function in the health of our communities, and ensuring they have the proper training is key to providing the best service. As a graduate of Rivier University’s online M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, you will have effective communication skills and an empathic understanding of the challenges of child and adolescent development and learning. Our multiple term starts, transfer credit acceptance, and competitive tuition rates are designed to help you start and finish faster.
Our M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program follows New Hampshire Board of Mental Health Practice standards in order to fulfill eligibility requirements for state licensure as a licensed clinical mental health counselor (LCMHC) and prepares you for the National Clinical Mental Health Licensing Exam.
Request More Information
In this online clinical mental health program, you will:
- Develop the skills and knowledge necessary to help clients improve their mental health.
- Develop strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Become an effective communicator and collaborator.
- Practice as a compassionate service provider focusing on the needs of the underprivileged.
M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Curriculum
Explore the latest counseling techniques and best practices while studying topics such as clinical counseling, group counseling, psychopathology, ethics, and more. Basic and advanced skills training is acquired through residency and internship hours. Our master’s program follows New Hampshire Board of Mental Health Practice standards in order to fulfill eligibility requirements for state licensure as a licensed clinical mental health counselor (LCMHC) and will prepare you for the National Clinical Mental Health Licensing Exam.
Coursework topics include:
- Basic Human Interaction
- Clinical Counseling Theories
- Clinical Counseling Techniques
- Group Counseling
- Introduction to Counseling
- Psychotherapy for Children
- Ethics of Clinical Counseling
- Testing and Assessment
- Addictive Behaviors
- Career and Lifestyle Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Advanced Multicultural Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Research
- Advanced Psychology of Human Development
- Positive Psychology
Become the Counselor They Need
Rivier’s online master’s in clinical mental health counseling degree will put you on the road to one of many in-demand careers.
Some careers you can pursue include:
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Prepare for a rewarding career as a licensed mental health practitioner with an M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.