Kevin T. Wayne, D.B.A.
Dr. Kevin T. Wayne has an extensive industry background that includes experience in medical technology, healthcare, and high technology industries. He was co-founder and vice president of ONUX Medical, Inc., a successful medical technology start-up company, where he helped raise more than $22 million to fund the enterprise.
Dr. Wayne also held managerial positions at C.R. Bard, Smith & Nephew Endoscopy, and Visualization Technology. He has worked in marketing, product development, business development, and manufacturing functions. Dr. Wayne’s research interests include entrepreneurship, technology transfer, new product development, and the marketing of innovations.
- D.B.A., Nova Southeastern University
- M.B.A., Southern New Hampshire University
- B.S., University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Strategic management
- Marketing management
- Marketing and new product development
- Marketing research
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- Wayne. K. & McCosh, J. (2018). Diversity as a Problematic Predictor of Organizational Performance: Issues of Context and Expectations. Journal of Management and Training for Industries. Vol. 5, No. 3:31-50. Special edition “Doing Business in an Interconnected World: Cross-Cultural Issues in Management and Marketing.”
- McCosh, J. & Wayne, K. (2018). Valuing the Goodwill and Intangibility of Employee Assets. Proceedings of the 2018 Northeast Business & Economics Association Conference, October, 2018.
- Wayne, K. (2017). Deconstructing Management Maxims: A Critical Examination of Conventional Business Wisdom, Volume I. Business Expert Press (New York).
- Wayne, K. (2017). Deconstructing Management Maxims: A Critical Examination of Conventional Business Wisdom, Volume II. Business Expert Press (New York).
- Schoenfeld, N.A. & Wayne, K. (2017). Immersive Learning: Using Film in Higher Education Classes. New England Faculty Development Conference, Spring Meeting, Fitchburg, MA.
- McCosh, J. & Wayne, K. (2017). Challenging the Maxim: A Paradigm Shift on the Role of the Customer. Proceedings of 2017 Northeast Business & Economics Association Conference, October, 2017.
- Wayne, K. & Spohn, K. (2016). Myths and Moats of Competitive Advantage: Disparities Between Practice and the Strategy Lexicon. Proceedings of Northeast Business & Economics Association Conference, Nov 10, 2016, at West Point, NY.
- Wayne, K. (2015). Sporadic Value of Business Plans: Process Versus End Result. Presentation at Society for Business Research. Orlando, FL.
- Wayne, K. and Hussey, J. (2012). The Contemporary American Mission Statement: Explicit Manifesto or Bemused Corporate Speak. Published in Conference Proceedings of Northeast Business & Economics Association.
- Hussey, J. and Wayne, K. (2012). Mission Relevance and Sector Ambiguity: A Study of S&P100 Firms. Presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences. Las Vegas, NV.