Donna Proulx, Ph.D., RN, CCRN-CSC
Dr. Donna Proulx holds two certifications in critical care from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses—one in adult critical care (CCRN) and a second in adult cardiac surgery (CSC). Her 2018/19 doctoral work was a qualitative inquiry: “The Lived Experience of Postpartum Women Attending Outpatient Substance-Abuse Treatment for Opioid or Heroin Use.”
Dr. Proulx is Past President of the New Hampshire Chapter of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN). She earned a Ph.D. in Nursing at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell.
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Lowell (2019)
- M.S., Rivier College (2007)
- B.S., Rivier College (2003)
- ADN, New Hampshire Vocational-Technical College Manchester (1986)
- NSG 606 Research Capstone
- NSG 620 Biostatistics
- NSG 805 Health Research Methods
- NSG 802 Interpretation of Quantitative Research for Healthcare
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- Proulx. D. Fantasia, H. (2021). The Lived Experience of Postpartum Women Attending Outpatient Substance Treatment for Opioids or Heroin Use. The Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health; 66(2), March/April. 211-217. https://doi.org/10.1111/jmwh.13165
- Lambert, P., Proulx, D. (2010). Condition H. Advance for Nurses. (May).
- Proulx, D. Bourcier, B. (2008). Graduate Nurses in the ICU: An Orientation Model. Critical Care Nurse. 28(4): 44-52. https://doi.org/10.4037/ccn2008.28.4.44
- Proulx, D. (2007). Using the NICO Monitor to Monitor and Manage Proning/ARDS. Respironics.
- Proulx, D. (August, 2004). Capnography Guided Insertion of Gastric Tubes. Nursing Spectrum.
- Proulx, D. (April, 2000). (Photographs published in) Nursing Reflections: A Century of Caring. Mosby (April 15, 2000). ISBN-13 978-0323011730
- Proulx, D. (1998). Animal-Assisted Therapy. Critical Care Nurse. Apr;18(2): 80-84.
- Proulx, D. (Dec 1998). Pawsitive Visitation: Animal Assisted Therapy. Nursing Spectrum.