David Pitts, Ph.D.
Dr. David Pitts did his doctoral research in the area of reliable, distributed systems as part of a project called Clouds. In many ways, Clouds was to be a form of the modern cloud. Previously, Dr. Pitts was a faculty member at Merrimack College and the University of Massachusetts, Lowell. He was a principal member of the technical staff in Verizon Labs Advanced System Group for ten years. He was chair of the Information Technology program at ITT Wilmington.
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
- Distributed computing
- Parallel programming
- Computer operating systems
- Programming languages
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- “Supporting Advanced Course Work in Computer Science”, Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education North Eastern Division Conference in Kingston, RI April 2007.
- “The Standard Template Library: A Guide to Successful Tool-Making”, Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education North Eastern Division Conference in Kingston, RI April 2007.
- “Design of a Compiler Construction Project”, Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Volume 21, Number 6, June 2006. “Experiences with Distributed Data Management in Real-time C3 Systems.”