Faculty Emeriti | Dr. Paul Lizotte
Dr. Paul Lizotte has held many positions, such as Director of the Freshman Year Studies Program, Director of Rivier Honors Program, Chair of Faculty Senate, Chair of English/Communications, Chair, Board of Directors, the New Hampshire Humanities Council, and Editor of InSight (Rivier Journal).
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State Univerisity
- M.A., University of Virginia
- B.A., Boston College
- 19th Century Romantic Poetry
- 19th Century British Novel
- 20th Century American Poetry
- Literature and Ecology
- ENG 110 Freshman composition
- ENG 115 Intro. to Literature
- HS 120/1 EcoThinking: Ecology and Spirituality
- GSP 102 Serving for Dignity (honors)
- ENG 200 Literary Cultures
- HUM 200 Literature, Art, and the Human
- ENG 212 Research and Writing
- ENG 213 Technical Writing
- ENG 214 Report Writing
- ENG 223 Shakespeare
- ENG 230 Critical Thinking and Writing
- ENG 235 Intro to Poetry
- ENG 255 Voyages and Explorations
- ENG 295 Promised Land
- ENG 310 20th Century Literature
- ENG 317 Survey of Brit. Literature I
- ENG 318 Survey of Brit. Literature
- ENG 330 Myths and Ideas of Love
- ENG 335 The Child in Literature
- ENG 336 Self-Discoveries
- ENG 341 Contemporary World Voices
- ENG 342 Law and Literature
- ENG 351 19th Century British Novel
- ENG 352 Modern British Novel
- ENG 356 Romantics & Transcendentalists
- ENG 358 20th Century European Lit.
- BUS 500 Writing for Managers
- ENG 502 Literary Research
- ENG 510 The Teaching of Writing
- ENG 528 Contemporary Amer. Writers
- ENG 535 Contemporary Women Writers
- ENG 540 Literary Theory & Criticism
- ENG 541 Contending with Texts
- ENG 542 Writers on Writing
- ENG 620 Modern and Contemporary Novel
- ENG 622 Dickens and Hardy
- ENG 625 Foster and Woolf
- ENG 640 Williams, Stevens, Bishop
- ENG 644 Modernism
- ENG 661 Seminar in Victorian Literature
- ENG 704 Nature Writing
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- “Ecothinking the University: Paradigms for Sustainable Education,” Third International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Cambridge, England, (2005).
- “Ecothinking and Sustainable Education,” paper delivered at the Faith Environment, and Ethics Conference, University of Notre Dame 2004)
- “Newman’s Own: Addressing the Question of Learning,” in Rivier InSight (Fall ‘98).
- “Mary Wollstonecraft and the Rhetoric of Rights,” paper presented at the NEH Seminar, “Rousseau and Blake: Inventing the Modern Self,” Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (August 12, 1995)
- “Billy Budd and the Rights of Men,” Law and Literature Summer Institute, New England College, Henniker, NH (July 1995).
- “Not Just An(Other): Wollstonecraft, Women, and the Republic of Virtue,” in Rivier InSight (Fall 1996).
- “The Dwelling-Places of Power: Dickens and Wordsworth,” in Rivier InSight (Winter 1994).
- “Elegiac Stanzas: Wordsworth and the Problem of Re-Presentation,” paper delivered at Dartmouth College, NEH Seminar, English Romantic Literature, and the Visual Arts (July 1989).
- “‘A New World Naked’: The Poetry of William Carlos Williams,” paper delivered at the Fall (1987) New England Association of Teachers of English Conference, Nashua, NH.
- “Time’s Accumulations to Justify the Past: Whitman’s Evolving Structure in ‘Autumn Rivulets,'” published in ESQ: A Journal of the American Renaissance (Fall 1980).