Vladimir Riabov, Ph.D.
Dr. Vladimir Riabov teaches courses in Networking Technologies, Computer Security, Software Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Object Oriented Design, System Simulation & Modeling, Algorithms, Introduction to Computing, and Professional Seminar in Computer Science. The author of one hundred twenty articles and conference papers, he is also the editor of the Rivier Academic Journal and a reviewer for McGraw-Hill, Wiley & Sons, Elsevier, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, and Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer. He received the AIAA Journals Editors-in-Chief award for publishing the survey paper “Aerodynamic Applications of Underexpanded Hypersonic Viscous Jets” in the Journal of Aircraft (1995).
Dr. Riabov has taught courses at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, University of New Hampshire, Daniel Webster College and Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. He worked at the Nortel Networks and Newbridge Networks. Previously, he was a Deputy Director at the Central Aerohydrodynamics Institute (TsAGI, Moscow, Russia). He is one of the founders of the Russian Branch of the Open University of Great Britain.
Dr. Riabov is a senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Association for Computing Machinery, and a member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and Mathematical Association of America.
- Ph.D., Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology
- M.S., Southern New Hampshire University
- M.S., Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology
“Three passions guide my life: the ecstasy of discovery, the search for knowledge, and the sharing of it with my students and global community. Curiosity and absurd bring me the greatest ecstasy that governs me in a discovery endeavor. The search for knowledge helps me stay at the cutting edge of science and technology. Both discovery and knowledge lead me to my teaching mission of sharing knowledge and expertise, which is reflected in the endeavors of my students and everyone who accepts the challenges of these passions.”
- Networking Technologies
- Numerical Methods & Algorithms
- Software Engineering
- System Simulation & Modeling
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- “Methodologies and Tools for the Software Quality Assurance Course,” Vladimir V. Riabov. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 86-92 (2011).
- “Rarefaction Effects in Hypersonic Aerodynamics,” Vladimir V. Riabov. In: Rarefied Gas Dynamics, 27th International Symposium, AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol. 1333, Part II, D. A. Levin, I. J. Wysong, and A. L. Garcia (eds.), American Institute of Physics, pp. 1331-1336 (2011).
- “Software Tools and Virtual Labs in Online Computer-Science Classes,” Vladimir V. Riabov and Bryan J. Higgs. In: Learning Management System Technologies and Software Solutions for Online Teaching: Tools and Applications, Y. Kats (ed.), IGI Global, pp. 332-350 (2010).
- “Rotational-Translational Relaxation Effects in Diatomic-Gas Flows,” Vladimir V. Riabov. In: Shock Waves, K. Hannemann and F. Seiler (eds.), Vol. 2, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp. 1155-1160 (2009).
- “Simple Mail Transfer Protocol,” Vladimir Riabov. In: The Handbook on Information Security, H. Bidgoli (ed.), Vol. 3, Wiley & Sons, New York, (2006).
- “Challenging Projects and Virtual Labs in Web-enhanced Networking Technology Classes,” Vladimir V. Riabov. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 88-99 (2006).
- “Storage Area Networks,” Vladimir V. Riabov. In: The Internet Encyclopedia, H. Bidgoli (ed.), Vol. 3, Wiley & Sons, New York, (2004).
- “Heat Transfer on a Hypersonic Sphere with Diffuse Rarefied-Gas Injection,” Vladimir V. Riabov. Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 698-703 (2004).
- “Kinetic Phenomena in Spherical Expanding Flows of Binary-Gas Mixtures,” Vladimir V. Riabov. Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 526-533 (2003).