(Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
Rivier University Policy
The Rivier University Computer Use Policy requires that all members of the Rivier community comply with all federal, state, and local laws. It is illegal under Federal law to download, upload, or distribute copyrighted material in any form without express permission or a license to do so from the copyright holder. Rivier University will take appropriate actions to insure the integrity of copyrighted materials.
The Designated Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under the DMCA for Rivier University is:
Name: Heidi Crowell
Title: Chief Information Officer
Office of Information Technology
420 South Main
Street Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 897-8880 FAX
Filing a Claim of Infringement:
All infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following:
1. The physical or electronic signature of the copyright holder
2. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
3. A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material
4. Information sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complainant, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
5. A statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized.
Rivier University Procedures:
1. If a University employee or student receives a notice or allegation of copyright infringement, he or she will immediately send the notice to Rivier University's DMCA Designated Agent.
2. The Designated Agent will promptly acknowledge receipt of each infringement claim.
3. On receipt of an acceptably complete claim of infringement, the Designated Agent will insure that access to the claimed infringing material is immediately suspended until a determination of validity can be made by competent authority.