How to start a club at Rivier
Although Rivier offers a wide variety of clubs, there may not be one that caters to your interest. If you find other people on campus that share your interest, you may want to start a new club. To start a new club, follow the steps below. If you have any questions stop by the Office of Student Activities.
1. Gather a minimum of FIVE students to serve as officers for your club. In order to be recognized you must prove that there are at least five people interested in participating in your club. If you are having a hard time finding people, hold an interest meeting at a convenient time and advertise it in the residence halls and classroom buildings.
2. Decide on the major goals of your organization and how they benefit the Rivier community.
3. Create a budget. Once you know your purpose you may have some programming ideas in mind. If these programs require funding, you will need to know how much to petition the Student Government for when requesting recognition.
4. Draft a constitution. Every club must create and maintain a constitution as described in the Student Government Association’s Constitution. Sample constitutions are available in the Office of Student Activities or from a Student Government officer.
5. Recruit a Rivier University faculty or staff member to serve as a club advisor.
6. Once you have completed all of the above steps, contact the Office of Student Activities to set up a time to meet and submit your documents for approval.