New student orientation is an overnight program for incoming first-year resident and commuter students (optional for transfer students). A separate parent/family member orientation program is offered on the first day of the new student orientation.
Orientation Session I: Monday, June 25 – Tuesday, June 26
Orientation Session II: Thursday, June 28 – Friday, June 29
Transfer students will be invited to half-day orientation sessions over the summer.
What will new students do at orientation?
- Meet fellow members of the Class of 2022
- Meet your faculty and academic advisor
- Get to know the Rivier campus
- Receive your fall class schedule
- Learn about academic and student life expectations for the fall semester
- Experience Raider spirit!
What is parent/family orientation?
- Meet fellow parents and family members of the Class of 2022
- Learn more about campus services
- Meet with current students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Engage in presentations and one-one-one interactions
How can I register?
- Online registration will open on Friday, April 6th at www.rivier.edu/newraider
What should students bring to orientation?
- A smile for your student ID picture
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (Orientation will involve activities both inside and outside)
- Pillow, sheets (beds are extra-long), blankets, or sleeping bag
- Toiletry items
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Insurance card
- Any medication you may need
- A fan is recommended
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do I have to attend new student orientation?
A: Yes! All incoming first-year resident and commuter students are asked to attend.
Q: I’m planning to be a commuter student; do I have to stay overnight?
A: Yes! We want you to be fully part of the orientation program which lasts late into the evening and starts early the next day.
Q: What if I am away that week in June and can’t attend?
A: Please contact us at (603) 897-8254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we can make other arrangements.
Q: Is the student and family program separate?
A: Yes! Students will travel around campus with an orientation leader (a current Rivier student) and their orientation group. Families will have their own orientation program. There will be some joint sessions where you will see each other.
Q: Is the roommate I have at orientation going to be my roommate in the fall?
A: No, students are placed with someone else from their orientation group. At orientation, you can sign-up to room with someone for the fall semester or turn in your roommate selection form over the summer. Housing forms are due by July 1st and roommates are announced via Rivier email on August 1st.
Q: Can I request to room with someone during orientation?
A: You can send your request to email@example.com, but there are no guarantees.
Q: Do I need to register myself for classes before I arrive to orientation?
A: No, all first-year students will be enrolled in classes by their academic and career advisor based upon the information that was supplied to the Admissions office for the first semester. For all subsequent semester, students will register themselves for classes.
Q: How do I get my Rivnet account (email, MyRiv, etc.)?
A: Visit www.rivier.edu/accountrequest and follow the steps outlined.
Q: I have some questions and need some more information.
A: Call us at the Office of Student Activities and Orientation! We can be reached by calling (603) 897-8254 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.