Registration will open on Friday, April 5, 2019
This is an overnight program for incoming first-year resident and commuter students. A separate parent/family member program is offered on the first day of each session.
Session I: June 24 – June 25
Session II: June 27 – June 28
Transfer students will be invited to half-day orientation sessions over the summer.
What will new students do at orientation?
- Meet fellow members of the Class of 2023
- Meet your faculty and academic advisor
- Get to know the Rivier campus
- Receive your fall class schedule
- Learn about academic and student life expectations for the fall semester
- Experience Raider spirit!
What is parent/family orientation?
- Meet fellow parents and family members of the Class of 2023
- Learn more about campus services
- Meet with current students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Engage in presentations and one-on-one interactions
What should students bring to orientation?
- A smile for your student ID picture
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (Orientation will involve activities both inside and outside)
- Pillow, sheets (beds are extra-long), blankets, or sleeping bag
- Toiletry items and towels
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Insurance card
- Any medication you may need
- A fan is recommended
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do I have to attend?
A: Yes! All incoming first-year resident and commuter students are asked to attend.
Q: I’m planning to be a commuter student; do I have to stay overnight?
A: Yes! We want you to be fully part of the orientation program which lasts late into the evening and starts early the next day.
Q: What if I am away that week and can’t attend?
A: Please call (603) 897-8254 or email email@example.com and we can make other arrangements.
Q: Are the student and family programs separate?
A: Yes! Students will travel around campus with an orientation leader (a current Rivier student) and their orientation group. Families will have their own orientation program. There will be some joint sessions.
Q: Is the roommate I have at orientation going to be my roommate in the fall?
A: No. At orientation, you can sign-up to room with someone for the fall semester or turn in your roommate selection form over the summer. Housing forms are due by July 1st and roommates are announced via Rivier email on August 1st.
Q: Can I request to room with someone during orientation?
A: You can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, but there are no guarantees.
Q: Do I need to register myself for classes before I arrive at orientation?
A: No. All first-year students will be enrolled in classes by their academic and career advisor based on information that was supplied to the Admissions office for the first semester. For all subsequent semesters, students will register themselves for classes.
Q: How do I get my Rivnet account (email, MyRiv, etc.)?
A: Visit www.rivier.edu/accountrequest.
Q: I have some questions and need some more information.
A: Call the Office of Student Engagement at (603) 897-8254 or email email@example.com.