Pre-Arrival Testing for Undergraduate Students
As noted in the University’s Return to Campus Plan for Students, undergraduate students must obtain a COVID-19 test between the dates of August 25, 2020, and September 4, 2020. Test results must be uploaded to your Medicat electronic records file no later than September 4, 2020, and must indicate your full name and the test date.
Testing is available at a variety of locations such as CVS Minute Clinic, Walgreens, Convenient MD, as well as urgent care facilities and through primary care physicians. Many locations do not require appointments, serve all patients, and do not require a referral from a primary care physician. Students should check with the specific testing facility for their requirements. We are hearing from families that “Stop the Spread” locations in Massachusetts and Convenient MD locations are providing the most flexible options for testing.
As soon as test results are available, they must be uploaded to the Medicat student portal. Noted below are the instructions for the COVID test upload. Please refer to the correct instructions below for your current status as a Returning or New Student:
- If you are a RETURNING STUDENT and created a portal when you submitted your health information as a new student at Rivier, please click this link and enter your User ID and your Password to log in.
- You will need to take a photo of your result and save it to your desktop or scan it and save it as a PDF.
- Go into the portal and select upload. Then select the COVID-19 test result.
- After upload, click on the tab at the top that says immunizations. Under that tab, choose COVID-19 result. Mark test result as negative or positive.
- If a positive result, please DO NOT come to campus. Call your PCP for follow up care.
- Contact health services at firstname.lastname@example.org to develop a plan for your return to campus.
- If you are a RETURNING STUDENT and already have your Rivier email and accounts but have not yet set up the Medicat portal, please view Returning Student Health Portal – Instructions.
- If you are a NEW STUDENT who does not yet have your Rivier Email and accounts, please view New Student Health Portal – Instructions.
The University asks that all students take steps to limit their exposure risk in the 10 days prior to their arrival to campus. Additionally, Rivier is partnering with a local agency for ongoing COVID-19 population testing throughout the semester.