Position: Tech Tools Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology Services
Tom Race; email@example.com
The Tech Tools Support Specialist will assist students with questions they have about various technology related academic tools. The Support Specialist will be located in the Regina Library and be available during evening hours beyond the normal operating hours of IT staff. He or she will assist students with the following as a minimum:
* Connecting wirelessly to the campus network
* Printing from campus computers
* Using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to complete assignments
* Using Canvas
* Using internet search tools to locate answers to technology questions
The technician will maintain accurate records of types, and times, of support provided, as directed by supervisory personnel.
In addition the technician will :
* Troubleshoot classroom setups on an as needed basis,
* Perform routine tasks for the Office of Information Technology
- Connecting wirelessly to the campus network
- Printing from campus computers
- Using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to complete assignments
- Using Canvas
- Using internet search tools to locate answers to technology questions
- In addition, the technician will maintain accurate records of types, and times, of support provided, as directed by supervisory personnel.
Prerequisites: Selected students must be dependable and able to work designated schedule; enjoy working in a public service–oriented setting; and show willingness to problem-solve and search for answers. Basic training in the supported technology will be provided. This is a customer service position – the individual needs to be cheerful, positive, and polite.Number of Students Needed:
* Understanding of computer functionality/different versions of MS Windows
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Familiarity with various academic-related computer applications used at Rivier (i.e., Canvas, Microsoft Office)
* Punctual and reliable
* Excellent customer service skills
* Trouble shooting skills
This position may provide an opportunity to develop a variety of other technical skills.
4Number of Hours per Week per Student:
Work hours will be a portion of Sunday to Thursday, 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM.