Public Safety Officer- 3rd ShiftDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Student Affairs/Public Safety
Full-time (Hours: 11:00pm-7:00am)
- Patrol campus
buildings and grounds to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire
or fire hazards, disorderly conduct and violations of University traffic, safety, security or other regulations, and so forth. Check ID’s of visitors. Assist in escorting individuals off campus as appropriate. Ensure that buildings are locked and unlocked as appropriate. Check physical plant at night, including mechanical checks of boilers, lighting, temperature controls, and so forth.
- Issue tickets for campus parking or traffic violations.
- Respond to complaints/calls related to
possible criminal activity and investigate incident and/or apprehend involved individuals as appropriate.
- Investigate other complaints made by faculty,
staff or students on campus.
- Investigate traffic accidents on campus.
- Respond to calls involving medical
emergencies. Administer first aid and/or call for additional assistance as
- Report security incidents and unusual or
hazardous conditions on campus to appropriate officials.
- Call for and assist local fire and rescue
personnel as needed.
- Assist area police with investigations on
- Provide security services such as parking and
traffic direction, crowd control, and the like, for special events. Set up
- Take daily receipts from Campus offices to
bank when requested.
- Provide special transportation and/or escort
services as needed.
- Assist students, faculty, staff and visitors
with problems with keys, locks, doors, cars, etc.
- Give visitors directions and general campus
- Prepare all required paperwork on security
- High school education
plus two to three years of relevant work experience, including one year of
directly related security or law enforcement training or experience or a
combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and
skills are acquired.
- Good working knowledge
of relevant laws and regulations.
- Good working knowledge
of fire prevention and firefighting methods.
- Relevant first aid
training with knowledge of CPR desirable.
- Valid driver’s
- Ability to deal
effectively with a wide range of individuals, in some instances under stressful,
dangerous and/or emergency conditions.
- Ability to handle
emergency situations calmly and efficiently.
- Physical ability to perform all job duties.
Review of applications
will continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited
to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under
consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter,
curriculum vitae or resume, the names of three (3) professional references, and
starting pay expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier
University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. Rivier University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.