Rivier’s business programs deliver a high-quality, hands-on education that prepares students for leadership roles. Faculty guide students as they develop broad business knowledge, hone their critical thinking and decision-making skills, and learn ethical business practices.
The Rivier University Division of Business strives to become a leading center for business education and global engagement via development and delivery of programs instilling in the hearts and minds of students a holistic view of global business.
The Rivier University Division of Business educates and develops future leaders, inspiring them to serve the world.
In addition to the University’s accreditation by New England Commission on Higher Education, Inc (NECHE), the Division of Business is a candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP, 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356, www.acbsp.org). Information is provided on programs under consideration for candidacy, strategic goals, student achievement outcomes and learning and performance data.
Undergraduate Day Programs
Undergraduate bachelor’s degree programs are offered in Business Management (including a B.S. Management/MBA four-plus-one program), Finance, and Marketing. These programs provide a broad overview of business fundamentals, as well as in-depth specialization in a chosen field. Students learn to communicate effectively with professional colleagues and make sound business decisions. Faculty have real-world experience and guide students to apply business concepts to the workplace.
The interdisciplinary bachelor’s degree program in Homeland and International Security allows students to examine global security issues and the policy responses to those issues, with special emphasis on emerging transnational threats and emergency management.
In 2019, the University will accept students into two new bachelor’s degree programs, Cybersecurity Management and Sport Management.
Professional Studies Programs
The online bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is designed for working professionals. Classes accommodate the personal and professional needs of adult learners. The program provides concentrated study in business management, marketing, business writing, budgeting, and strategic management.
Rivier offers four graduate business degree programs with on-campus/hybrid and online classes; on-campus classes meet on weekday evenings or weekends.
- The MBA in Management (on campus and online) provides a broad education in the traditional functional areas of business, as well as in the cross-disciplinary skills of leadership, problem solving, and strategic management.
- The MBA with concentration in Marketing (online) provides both a broad-based competency in leadership, problem solving, and strategic management, as well as specialized education in the areas of market research, advertising, and sales management.
- The MBA with concentration in Information Technology Management (on campus and online) offers a strong foundation in business functions while providing concentrated study in the practicalities of managing information technology, including e-business considerations, computer security, and process improvement.
- The MBA in Healthcare Administration (online) delivers proficiency in managing core business functions with additional emphasis on information management, compliance, risk management, and policy development in healthcare environments.
MBA graduates are employed by major corporations, healthcare providers, and nonprofits. Among these employers are:
- Fidelity Investments
- Hewlett Packard
- BAE Systems
- Nashua Corporation
- Catholic Medical Center
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- National Grid
- Academic Excellence: Our credentialed faculty members are recognized as business leaders throughout the region.
- Personal Attention: Our small class sizes allow faculty to get to know students and provide a high level of interaction. Faculty serve as mentors to help students achieve their career and educational goals.
- Hands-on Approach: Students learn through individual and team projects, role-playing, and case study evaluations; and build resumes through practical training and internships at area businesses.
- Large Alumni Network: The University’s alumni network is diverse with graduates working in the region, throughout the country, and around the world, in both the public and private sectors, as well as in nonprofit organizations.
- Business Students Association: This active organization brings business speakers to campus and plans informational trips throughout the year. Students have had behind-the-scenes learning opportunities at Fenway Park, United Parcel Service, Stonyfield Farm, Foxwoods Casino, and other locations throughout the region.
Questions? Please forward questions to email@example.com.