Susan E. Langlois, D.P.E.
Dr. Susan Langlois is a mission-driven leader who has created both curricular and co-curricular programs for students at Elms College, Springfield College, Endicott College, Marian Court College, and Rivier University. Her areas of administrative expertise include strategic planning, NEASC accreditation, faculty development programs, academic program development, student support services, enrollment management, financial management, curriculum outcome mapping, and student learning outcomes assessment.
- D.P.E., Springfield College
- M.S., Springfield College
- B.S., University of New Hampshire
“I believe that my role is to help my students make connections with their own experience. The process of academic inquiry is at its best when students are engaged to construct their own learning. I often share with students and colleagues about a concept that I call “the power of knowing.”
A major component of this “power of knowing” is to help students discover the assumptions that are behind what they accept as truths. As a lifelong educator and learner, I believe that the educational process for both the teacher and the student requires a shared mindset that is open to listening to alternative views and that craves the development of a broader perspective. How human beings listen, process what they experience, ask questions, and how they choose to act on what they have learned, can have a profound impact on the paths students choose.
Ultimately, I believe that ultimate goal of education is to empower students to be contributing citizens: to help students know and believe in themselves, to experience satisfying relationships, and to have the courage to take on new challenges.”
- Development of Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment
- Incentive Motivation
- Environmental Sustainability
- Mental Imagery
- Attitudes Toward Equal Opportunity in Athletics
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- Langlois, S.E. & Amaral, J.L. (2015). Teaching “The Common Core” at soccer camp. Camp Business, 22-23.
- Langlois, S.E. (2014). When faculty know every student’s story: Cooperative learning at its best. Faculty development workshop at Marian Court College, Swampscott, MA.
- Langlois, S. E. (2013). Mindfulness nutrition: Strategies for enhancing the hormones that control your metabolic rate. A presentation at the Metropolis Center, Boston
- Langlois, S. E. (2012). Adult English Language Learners (ELL) Test Preparation for United States Citizenship Exam, Springfield College School of Human Services, Manchester, NH.
- Langlois, S. E. (2011). Connor’s Law: what it means for New Hampshire Citizens with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. A presentation for the Greater Manchester Community, Springfield College School of Human Services, Manchester, NH.
- Langlois, S. E. (2010). The Spirit, Mind, and Body Aspects of Recovery: the Humanics Approach, New England School of Addictions, St. Michael’s College, Colchester, VT