Marilyn Daley, DNP, APRN, CHFN
Dr. Marilyn Daley has been in nursing for thirty-five years, first graduating with a diploma in nursing from Catholic Medical Center School of Nursing. Previously a critical care nurse, she received her master’s degree in 1998 and has worked as a cardiology nurse practitioner since that time. She is the Clinical Director of the Cardiomyopathy Clinic at the New England Heart and Vascular Institute at Catholic Medical Center, where she is responsible for outpatient advanced heart failure management. Dr. Daley is a board-certified heart failure nurse and an associate of the American College of Cardiology.
She received her doctorate in nursing practice (DNP) in 2012. She has spearheaded original research giving IV diuretics in the outpatient setting and has developed an outpatient IV diuretic program, expanding this with a protocol to be used by visiting nurses in the home. She is involved with the NH Nurse Practitioner Association, past vice president, previous chair of the government affairs committee, current chair of the events committee. Dr. Daley was 2018 NH Nurse Practitioner of the Year.
She is involved in Rivier Universities Global Engagement program leading medical missions to Costa Rica in 2018 and Belize in 2019. She sits on the steering committee for the St Joseph’s Hospital Mobile Health Van.
- DNP, Northeastern University
- MSN, Rivier University
- B.S., Springfield College
- Acute Care
- Congestive Heart Failure
- NSG 606 Capstone
- NSG 610 Advanced Health Policy and Law
- NSG 800 Scientific Foundations of Practice
- NSG 810 Epidemiology
- NSG 850-880 Doctoral Practicum Seminar I-IV
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- “Utility of Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio in Predicting Long-Term Outcomes in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure” Uthamalingam, S. MD, Patvardhan, E. MD, Subramanian, S. MD, Ahmed, W. MD, Martin, W. MD, Daley, M. APRN, Capodilupo, R. MD. The American Journal Of Cardiology. 2011;107:433-438.
- “Serum Albumin and Mortality in Acutely Decompensated Heart Failure.” Uthamalingham, S. MD, Kandala, J. MD, Daley, M. APRN, Patvardhan, E. MBBS, Capodilupo, R.MD, Moore, S. MD, Januzzi, J. MD. American Heart Journal. 2010;160:1149-1155.
- “Outcomes of Patients with Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Managed by Cardiologists versus Noncardiologists.” Uthamalingham, S. MD, Kandala, J. MD, Selvaraj, V. MD, Martin, W. MD, Daley, M. DNP, APRN, Patvardhan, E. MBBS, Capodilupo, R.MD, Moore, S. MD, Januzzi, J. MD. American Journal of Cardiology, 2015;115:466-471.