Jesslynn Rocha Neves, Ph.D.
Dr. Jesslynn Rocha Neves is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Education and Counseling at Rivier University.
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- M.A., University of Connecticut
- M.Ed., Harvard University
- B.S., Tufts University
- School Psychology
- Educational Equity
- School Climate
- Marginalized Student Populations
- School Law
- International School Psychology
- ED610 Basic Human Interaction
- ED720 Social and Cultural Foundations
- ED721 Advanced Multicultural Perspectives
Recent Publications and Proceedings
- La Salle, T.P., Wang, C., Wu, C., Rocha Neves, J. (2019). Racial Mismatch among minoritized students and white teachers: Implications and recommendations for moving forward. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation.
- La Salle, T.P., Rocha Neves, J., Freeman, J., & Sugai, G. (2019). Perceptions of school climate among students self-identifying as lesbian, gay, or bisexual. Remedial and Special Education.
- Casale, G., Hennemann, T., La Salle, T. P., Rocha Neves, J. & Schmidt, L (2019). Correlations between psychosocial problems and the perception of school climate in secondary school students. In G. Ricken, & S. Degenhardt (Hrsg.). Networking, Cooperation, and Social Space – Inclusive Education as cross-sectional task. Bad Heilbrunn: Julius Klinkhardt.
- VanLone, J., Freeman, J., La Salle, T.P., Gordon, L., Polk, T., Rocha Neves, J. (2019). A practical guide to improving school climate in middle and high schools. Intervention in School and Clinic.
- Parris, L., Rocha Neves, J., & La Salle, T.P., (2018). School climate perceptions among racial/ethnic minority youth: The moderating role of school climate. School Psychology International.