Planning a conference can be a complicated process. We've put together a list of steps to help you get started.
The First Steps
- Select dates and alternative dates for your event.
- Estimate attendance, including the number of people who will need overnight accomodations.
- Determine meeting room needs.
How many rooms will you need? How many people in each?
- Determine dining and catering needs.
- Contact us.
- Establish a preliminary budget.
The Next Steps
- Draft a conference proposal and send it to us.
- Review, sign and return your Rivier Conference Contract.
- Send required deposits by dates indicated in your completed contract.
- Provide a certificate of liability insurance. This must be on file with us prior to your event on campus.
Six Weeks Before Your Event
- Work with us to finalize your menu.
- Determine times and locations for special events.
- Make a list of your audio-visual and presentation needs and send them to your Conference Coordinator
- Finalize your conference schedule and send a copy to your Conference Coordinator
Two Weeks Before Your Event
- Confirm your classroom and meeting room needs
- Confirm audio-visual requirements
- Provide final counts for catering
We look forward to working with you!