Student Records Specialist
The Registrar’s Office is currently looking for a detail-oriented individual to maintain accurate and reliable student records and provide information and support to students, parents, administration, faculty, alumni, and outside parties as needed.
- Serves as a liaison to promote effective communication between Rivier University faculty, staff and students, with regards to academic policies and procedures.
- Assists students with requests for transcripts, registration, scheduling, and enrollment verifications. Update transfer credits for all students.
- Responsible for full graduation audit of undergraduate student records, ensuring all degree requirements have been met prior to the conferral of degrees. Assists with updating and maintaining the degree audit system.
- Assists with Commencement activities including ordering diplomas, ensuring accuracy of graduation lists for publication, and monitoring and coordinating post-commencement awarding of diplomas.
- Utilizes student information system database at Rivier University to register students, update student statuses, and provide student enrollment and degree verification to third parties, including lenders, employers, and credentialing agencies.
- Organize and maintain various general files and records related to assigned functions. Ensures compliance with Family Education Rights and Privacy Act and maintains confidentiality of student records.
- General office responsibilities including answering phones, filing, and other duties as assigned.
- Position requires occasional evening and weekends, approximately 4-5 per year.
- Associate’s degree plus 2-3 years of relevant records administration experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize, problem-solve and complete large quantities of work while handling multiple tasks and to handle sensitive information and situations with tact and discretion.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) retirement plan match after 1 year of employment.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.