Student Financial Services Advisor
We are looking for an individual to provide Customer Service and guidance with student aid programs, educational funding options, and the financial aid application process.
- Facilitates student financial aid file review for students in each individual’s caseload. Verifies application information and assesses the validity of documentation including the review and correction of student aid report. Packages and awards student financial aid in accordance with institutional and governmental policies and regulations.
- Monitors and verifies Satisfactory Academic Progress at the conclusion of each semester and academic year. Adjusts aid accordingly.
- Monitors enrollment and withdrawals and handles appropriately.
- Meets with students and families for in-depth counseling sessions.
- Completes enrollment verification for assigned populations before origination and disbursements begin for the semester.
- Maintains/updates on student portal and communications.
- Send electronic mailings out for incomplete for packaging, incomplete for disbursement, have not accepted aid, exit counseling reminders, etc. on a weekly basis in accordance with current policies.
- Assists in collection activities.
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience, preferably in higher education.
- Ability and willingness to manage a high call volume.
- Ability and willingness to process and maintain information that is often ambiguous and highly confidential.
- Excellent word processing, excel, spelling, filing, reception and other general office skills. Strong reading, writing and math skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Ability and willingness to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work varied hours to include evenings and weekends during peak periods and Admissions events.
- Flexibility, accuracy and a good sense of humor are non-negotiable.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including starting pay expectations, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.