Public Safety Officer (Part-Time Nights)
- Weekend hours needed.
- Under general supervision, performs duties to ensure the safety and security of University students, employees, and visitors; applies crime risk and safety hazard prevention techniques, methods, practices and enforces University policies and regulations.
- Patrol campus residence halls to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire or fire hazards, disorderly conduct, and violations of University policies and regulations.
- Check IDs of visitors or other persons who are unknown in the residence halls. Assist in escorting individuals off campus as appropriate.
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds in a vehicle or on foot to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire or fire hazards, disorderly conduct, violation of University traffic, safety, security, or other regulations. Check IDs of visitors. Assist in escorting individuals off campus as appropriate. Ensure that buildings are locked and unlocked as appropriate. Check physical plant at night, including mechanical checks of boilers, lighting, temperature controls, etc.
- Issue tickets for campus parking violations.
- Respond to complaints/calls related to possible criminal activity and investigate the incident.
- Investigate traffic accidents on campus.
- Respond to calls involving medical emergencies. Administer first aid and/or call for additional assistance as needed.
- Report security incidents and unusual or hazardous conditions on campus to appropriate officials.
- Provide security services such as parking and traffic direction, crowd control, etc. for special events. Set up traffic/parking barricades.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- High school education plus two to three years of relevant work experience, including one year of directly related security or law enforcement training or experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of fire prevention and firefighting methods.
- Relevant first aid training with knowledge of CPR desirable.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals, in some cases under stressful, dangerous and/or emergency conditions.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated integrity physical ability to carry out job duties.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including starting pay expectations, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.