Public Safety Officer (3rd Shift)
To provide a safe and secure environment so that the Rivier University community can live, study and work.
Hours are 40 hours a week – 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday Sunday and Mondays.
- Moderate supervision is received from the Director of Public Safety or Public Safety Supervisor.
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire or fire hazards, disorderly conduct, violation of University traffic, safety, security, or other regulations.
- Assist in escorting individuals off-campus as appropriate.
- Ensure that buildings are locked and unlocked as appropriate.
- Check physical plant at night, including mechanical checks of boilers, lighting, temperature controls.
- Issue tickets for campus parking or traffic violations.
- Respond to complaints/calls related to possible criminal activity, and investigate the incident and/or apprehend involved individuals as appropriate.
- Investigate other complaints made by faculty, staff or students on campus.
- Respond to calls involving medical emergencies. Administer first aid and/or call for additional assistance as needed.
- High school education plus two to three years of relevant work experience, including one year of directly related security or law enforcement training or experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of fire prevention and firefighting methods.
- Relevant first aid training, with knowledge of CPR desirable.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals, in some instances under stressful, dangerous and/or emergency conditions.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated integrity.
- Physical ability to perform all job duties.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) retirement plan match after 1 year of employment.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.