5:00AM – 1:30PM
To clean and perform routine maintenance of campus buildings to support daily functions.
- Perform floor care, including vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, waxing, buffing, and shampooing carpets
- Collect and empty trash and recycling receptacles in specific areas, pick up litter in and around buildings
- Clean, sanitize and stock bathrooms, change and clean shower curtains as needed
- Create and complete electronic work requests in the University computerized maintenance management system (SchoolDude)
- Support events on campus by moving furniture, assisting with event setup/breakdown, dorm & linen management, assessing rooms for cleanliness, etc
- High school education desirable. General knowledge and skills related to institutional housekeeping and maintenance work, with some relevant commercial/institutional cleaning experience.
- Ability to perform tasks in specific sequences.
- Physical ability to do heavy custodial work and operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently while remaining motivated.
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions, chemical labels, and warnings.
- Valid driver’s license; including acceptable driving record to operate university vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and to deal courteously with students, faculty, and staff.
- Administrative related experience.
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume, and the contact information of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full‐time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) retirement plan match after 1 year of employment.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.