Head Coach | Field Hockey and Women's Lacrosse
Rivier University is seeking a dynamic head coach for the women’s field hockey and lacrosse teams. This is a full-time 9-month position with head coaching responsibilities for both teams. This position reports to the Director of Athletics. Rivier University is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC).
- Direct all aspects of coaching women’s field hockey team and women’s lacrosse team including but not limited to recruiting qualified student-athletes, conducting practices, coaching at games, advising students, developing players’ skills and leadership, scheduling, and maintaining team budgets.
- Other department duties as required.
- Travel is required to and from games. There is the possibility of some overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior coaching and/or playing experience required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Commitment to student-athletes and NCAA Division III philosophy.
- High energy and motivation levels, creativity, strong interpersonal and communication skills, willingness to contribute as a team member to the athletic staff.
- Must be willing to work with Admissions staff to recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including starting pay expectations, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.