Rivier University has an immediate opening for a full-time, non-exempt Groundskeeper to become a member of our Grounds team. The Groundskeeper will perform a wide range of grounds maintenance, including lawn care and snow removal on our Nashua, New Hampshire campus.
The Groundskeeper is responsible for a wide range of seasonal grounds maintenance in and around the campus facilities including:
- Spring/Summer including: mow lawns, plant and water grass, flowers, shrubs and trees, prune trees and shrubs, weed whacking, weed removal, spread bark mulch, and edge flower beds.
- Fall/Winter including: rake and blow leaves, plant seasonal annuals, snow removal with shovels, snow blowers, and plows.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to operate a wide variety of power tools and grounds maintenance equipment using established health and safety procedures.
The Groundskeeper is required to carry out special work orders such as: deliveries, pick-ups, facility set-up, and tear-down for special events.
Applicant must be able to utilize computerized maintenance management system to enter in work orders, track progress and hours worked, communicate with customers, and close out work requests once completed.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A High School education, plus one (1) to two (2) year’s relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge is acquired.
- Knowledge and skills related to the care and maintenance of lawns, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Ability to operate and maintain power equipment used for grounds
- Capable to work outside in all weather.
- Physical ability to perform all primary job responsibilities and must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- A valid driver’s license; including an acceptable driving record to operate university vehicles.
- Preferred experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and SchoolDude software operations.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full-time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) retirement plan match after 1 year of employment.
Pending a successful background check, we are looking to fill this position immediately. This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin without delay.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and the contact information of three (3) professional references to email@example.com. References will not be contacted without the candidate’s prior authorization.
For additional information about this opportunity, please review the comprehensive position profile.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, veteran, or marital status in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding Title IX and the nondiscrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources, Justine Caron, located in Molloy Hall, ext. 8210 while students may also contact Kurt Stimeling, Vice President for Student Affairs, located in Dion Center, ext. 8249.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the University’s Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found here.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Rivier University is dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world. Rivier is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.