We are looking for an outgoing individual with a positive attitude to become a member of our Grounds Team, this person will be responsible for maintaining University grounds, including lawn care and snow removal.
- Maintain grounds in summer: mow lawns; plant and water grass, flowers, shrubs, and trees;
- Prune trees and shrubs; remove weeds and brush by hand or using power equipment; spread bark mulch; and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain grounds in winter: remove snow and ice from parking lots and sidewalks, using shovels, snowblowers, and plows; salt and sand; keep fire lanes and hydrants clear.
- Perform other seasonal grounds work: rake leaves, sweep sand, put protective coverings over shrubs, and maintain campus appearance.
- Pick up trash around buildings, dorms, and athletic fields.
- As a member of the facilities team, you may move furniture (relocate offices, set up furniture in dorms, etc.).
- Assist with basic construction tasks related to grounds maintenance (ditch-digging, fence and sign installation, etc.).
- Carry out other special work orders (deliveries, pick-ups, facility set-ups/tear-downs for special events, etc.)
- Operate a wide variety of power tools and grounds maintenance equipment using established health and safety procedures.
- Maintain tools and equipment used in grounds work.
- Keep storage areas clean and organized.
- Perform specialized grounds maintenance tasks, such as maintaining athletics fields, planning and overseeing the maintenance of perennial flower beds.
- Basic education (high school) plus one to two years relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good base of basic knowledge and skills related to the care and maintenance of lawns, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Good skills in operating hand tools and power equipment used in grounds work.
- Ability to work outside in all weather.
- Physical ability to do all primary job duties must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license; including acceptable driving record to operate university vehicles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information of three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full‐time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) retirement plan match after 1 year of employment.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.