Graduate Student Employee | Technical Services
The Regina Library at Rivier University is looking for a Graduate Student Employee to work in their Technical Services for the 2019–20 Academic Year.
Hours: 12-14 hours/week, to be scheduled Monday–Friday during business hours, for 30 weeks between 9/3/19 and 5/8/20.
Administrative job duties:
- Perform copy cataloging tasks: search databases for cataloging records, download records for processing, and export records into the library online
- Maintain statistical records and submit reports. Facilitate batch processing of books and materials; perform item record manipulation in the library online catalog, including data entry, adding items, deleting items, and transferring item record locations.
- Search local catalog databases for holdings information, circulation histories, duplicate copies, and authority control information and call number
- Process books for circulation including generating and affixing labels, covering materials and adding security strips, as required.
- Work on projects such as database cleanup, data entry, and data
- Assist with Interlibrary
- Shelve books for Circulation as needed.
- Perform Serials tasks such as check-in serials (journals), stamp, tattle tape and shelve, as needed.
- Assist at the Educational Resource Center as necessary.
- Help with routine tasks, and perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Required: Current graduate student at Rivier University. Graduation date must be May 2020 or later. Excellent attention-to-detail skills. Must be well organized and able to meet multiple demands. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Preferred: General office and organizational skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Overall understanding of academic library operations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.