Graduate Student Employee | Division of Business
The Division of Business is looking for a self-starter, who takes the initiative to suggest opportunities and/or activities that further the Division’s goals and objectives. Work under pressure to meet deadlines and work effectively with other staff and students.
- Respond to faculty and staff generated and managed tasks. This can include specifically assigned grading for undergraduate-level courses; not graduate-level courses. Grading tasks will not include data entry into official Institution record systems, as this is a faculty/staff function and responsibility.
- Data collection, organization, queries and analysis, and generate reports.
- Draft and refine Division-level marketing and communications correspondence.
- Assist in managing Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms for the department.
- Assist the Division of Business with academic events, campus/community groups and business-related events relevant to the program offerings.
- Support professional and academic event planning and execution.
- Support student recruitment initiatives (e.g., Open House, Accepted Students Days, etc.).
- Research, analyze, and interpret information related to Division projects, and/or work with faculty on scholarly research initiatives.
- Tutor students taking Division courses.
- Other appropriate tasks, as assigned.
- Must be fully admitted student in an institution graduate degree program, be making above satisfactory progress in that program, and maintain good academic standing. The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a Division of Business-managed graduate degree program.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, problem-solving, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
- Judgment and discretion skills on when to act, when to consult others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and Project a plus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information of three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.